Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mac OS X Script Continuation Character? Post 38575 by cassj on Monday 21st of July 2003 07:33:54 AM
Old 07-21-2003
Mac OS X Script Continuation Character?

Some of my scripts have very long commands that go beyond the horizontal scroll limits of my screen (1024 x 768), even with a very small font. Is there a continuation character (like the option+l "ell") in AppleScript that will let me break up the line?

Right now I just press a hard return to inspect the line and then press delete to bring it back toghether.

Thanks in advance...Cassj

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with error output but continuation in script?

I have written a basic fetching script. The script logs into an FTP site, downloads a .zip file, then unzips and moves the files to the necessary folders, then deletes them, etc. The problem I have is if one of the files no longer exists on the FTP site or another part of the script fails, then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daem0n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: convert mac address to 16 character format

Hi there Im not quite sure how i can do this, but i am retrieving the mac address from boxes, which in some instances is arriving in its shortened format (i.e. dropping the leading zeros)... for example 0:3:BA:1:E:84 Im trying to figure out a way of converting the single character... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continuation lines to be glued back to original line

I am parsing a log with this format: 06:36:12.230 details here 06:36:12.250 details here 06:36:12.260 details here continuation here 06:36:12.360 details here As you can see, some detail info contains one or more "\n" and it breaks my line-oriented parsing. I need to get those... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: Echo continuation across many lines

I am writing a bash script that automatically generates a macro program. I want to have an echo on multiple lines and getting an error /home/chaos/instru-correct.sh: line 309: command line is: command not found I am using echo "# The general synopsis of the $mfl" \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
exxfade(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  exxfade(3alleg4)

NAME
exxfade - Truecolor image loading and fades. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> Example exxfade DESCRIPTION
This program demonstrates how to load and display bitmap files in truecolor video modes, and how to crossfade between them. You have to use this example from the command line to specify as parameters a number of graphic files. Use at least two files to see the graphical effect. The example will crossfade from one image to another with each key press until you press the ESC key. SEE ALSO
BITMAP(3alleg4), END_OF_MAIN(3alleg4), PALETTE(3alleg4), SCREEN_H(3alleg4), SCREEN_W(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), alle- gro_exit(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), blit(3alleg4), create_bitmap(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), draw_trans_sprite(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), line(3alleg4), load_bitmap(3alleg4), readkey(3alleg4), screen(3alleg4), set_color_conversion(3alleg4), set_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_palette(3alleg4), set_trans_blender(3alleg4), vsync(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 exxfade(3alleg4)