Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clear console
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers clear console Post 38556 by punk000 on Sunday 20th of July 2003 08:38:00 AM
Old 07-20-2003
clear console

is there any way i can make my console clear? ive found out how to make it so i can see throught it, but all i get is the desktop.... i wanna be able to read a text document which i have open behind the console.... this is in kde3.1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

clear screen

what is the syntax for clearing the screen in c ? when i tried "Clrscr()" the CC complier does not reconise it. please do tell me more about this. thanking you imma (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

clear memory

Hi... how can i clear the Memory on AIX 4.3.3 without rebooting (like flush memory on oracle database ) THANX fenomen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenomen
2 Replies

3. Programming

clear screen in g++

How do I clear screen in g++ I've included curses and tried compile with lcurses as per gcc but fails, I can clear by using system("clear") but would prefer to use the curses library if possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to clear a cluttered DDD console window ?

During debugging, usually after printing the backtrace, I find that the console window looks cluttered. How would I clear the console window, to have a fresh start ??? Note: By DDD, I mean the Data Display Debugger, which is a graphical front end for GDB (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to clear history

Hi... i have one doubt pls... 1)can we clear the command line history in UNIX for a paricular login(scadm/root)if so how?. 2) can we see the time at which command executed. history is showing like : 100 display 101 lock 102 exit (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gincemathew
7 Replies

6. Programming

[JAVA] clear console

anybody knows the metod to clear the unix console? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iAlex
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies
desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				      desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)

NAME
desktop_color_depth - Finds out the desktop color depth. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int desktop_color_depth(); DESCRIPTION
Finds out the currently selected desktop color depth. You can use this information to make your program use the same color depth as the desktop, which will likely make it run faster because the graphic driver won't be doing unnecessary color conversions behind your back. Under some OSes, switching to a full screen graphics mode may automatically change the desktop color depth. You have, therefore, to call this function before setting any graphics mode in order to retrieve the real desktop color depth. Example: allegro_init(); ... if ((depth = desktop_color_depth()) != 0) { set_color_depth(depth); } RETURN VALUE
Returns the color depth or zero on platforms where this information is not available or does not apply. SEE ALSO
get_desktop_resolution(3alleg4), set_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)