Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users solaris 8 sparc kernel configuration guide Post 38550 by xyyz on Saturday 19th of July 2003 10:28:11 AM
Old 07-19-2003
solaris 8 sparc kernel configuration guide

i've scoured the net and haven't found too many items. i found one at princeton and a few things at sun's site, however, i don't find them to my level. they seem to be written for someone who is very comfortable doing what they do.

does anyone know of any good tutorial that is written similar to the FreeBSD handbooks kernel config section?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Kernel configuration (laptop)

Hi! I'm recompiling a kernel (Linux 2.4.18) for my laptop just to take away all unnecessary stuff and add some other various things :) I would consider myself a beginner slowly becoming an intermediate, thus my knowledge in the linux kernel and hardware aren't that great. My question is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. BSD

Need help on Kernel Configuration for FreeBSD

Does anyone know how to enter the Kernel Configuration program in FreeBSD before installation to resolve conflicts of hardware?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enoch Chan
3 Replies

3. SuSE

SuSE Linux Kernel & Veritas MultiNIC Configuration...!!!

Dear All, I would like to install VERITAS Cluster 4.1 on SuSE Linux 10 with SP1 & following is the requirement of the kernel from VERITAS side; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 with SP1 with following kernel level: 2.6.16-37-0.18-smp/2.6.16-37-0.18-bigsmp After installing the SuSE 10 with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extremely high kernel CPU Usage (Solaris 10 SPARC)

I've got a domain running on a few boards of a 25k. I'm seeing very high kernel cpu usage in top and cant' quite explain it. System runs a large number of smallish Oracle 10g2 databases (30), used mainly for development. load average: 36.63, 36.68, 37.42 2489 processes: 2452 sleeping, 21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: utopiajoe
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. Solaris

SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration

Hi, Couple of sentences for background: I'm a software developer, whose task was to create a server software for our customer. Software is ready for deployment and customer has a new T4-1 SPARC, but somehow it also became my task also to setup the server. I have managed to get the server is up... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
13 Replies
FVWM-THEMES-MENUAPP(1)						   FVWM Utility 					    FVWM-THEMES-MENUAPP(1)

NAME
fvwm-themes-menuapp - fvwm-themes menus utility SYNOPSIS
fvwm-themes-menuapp --build-menu or --com-mode or--help or --version [ --site] [ --menu-files [file1,file2,...] ] [ --remove-popup] [ --com-name name] DESCRIPTION
This script is not a user script. It is used by Fvwm-Themes to do differrent task concerning menu and other related things. This scripts can do the following: Parse and rebuild FVWM configuration files to build a clean menu from them: application not in the path are removed, certain unuseful sub menus and separator are removed (--build-menus option). It can work in a locked way and communicate (via fvwm-themes-com) with FvwmScript-Menus or any other programs (--com-mode option). See below for the list of query that you can ask to fvwm-themes-menuapp via fvwm-themes-com. Plan for the future: use an application data base and parse and build (Mini)Icon Styles. OPTIONS
You must use (only) one of the following four options: --help - show the help and exit --version - show the version and exit --build-menus - Cause fvwm-themes-menuapp to build clean menus. --com-mode Run fvwm-themes-menuapp under the "communication mode". --menu-files [file1,file2,...] - files which are read and written by fvwm-themes-menuapp. By default, fvwm-themes-menuapp will read $FT_DATADIR/themes/default/menus-programs with the --site option. Without the --site option fvwm-themes-menuapp will read menus-programs and menus-extra (if found) in the fvwm-themes personal dir: $FVWM_USERDIR/themes/personal. If menus-programs is not found in this direc- tory the site's menus-programs file is used (the one under $FT_DATADIR). Moreover, if menus-extra is not found, a virtual such file is cre- ated so that the "personal" menus can be created (MenuFvwmPersonal) in it. --site - Change the default for the --menu-files option. --remove-popup - Remove the sub menu popup that popup empty menu (only useful with --build-menus). In fact only certain sub menu popup are removed. --com-name name - use name as name for communication with fvwm-themes-com. By default, "appmenu" is used, but you should use "app- menu-pid" as name where pid is the pid of the program that want to talk to fvwm-themes-menuapp so that fvwm-themes-menuapp can exit if this program exit and so that fvwm-themes-menuapp can kill the program if an internal error happen in fvwm-themes-menuapp. On the other hand, if you want to talk with fvwm-themes-menuapp in, say, a terminal you must not give an name as "menuapp-an_integer" as name. COMMUNICATION COMMANDS
Start fvwm-themes-menuapp as: fvwm-themes-menuapp --com-mode [--com-name=menuapp-pid ...] Then use fvwm-themes-com as: fvwm-themes-com --name menuapp[-pid] [--lock-and-get] --message="Command" where Command is one of the following. All this commands are "lock and get" but the exit command. A return value of 0 indicate an error. menus-list - List of the menus. root-menus-list - List of the "root" menus. root-menus i - ith root menu. menu-items menu_name - List of the items of the menu menu_name. item menu_name:i - Information on the ith item of the menu menu_name. remove menu_name:i - Remove the ith item of the menu menu_name. move-up menu_name:i - Move up the ith item of the menu menu_name. move-down menu_name:i - Move down the ith item of the menu menu_name. add-or-edit-item X --it='menu_name:i' --t='type' --n='name' --mi='menu-icon' --wd='working dir or window title' where X is either A for add or E for edit, see the code for details :) selection-items - List of the items in the selection. add-item-to-selection menu_name:i - Add the ith item of the menu menu_name to the selection. remove-sel-item i - Remove the ith item of the selection. remove-all-sel-item - Remove all the selection items. copy-sel-item menu_name:i:j - Copy the jth item of the selection after the ith item of the menu menu_name. copy-all-sel menu_name:i - Copy all the selection after the ith item of the menu menu_name. try - Out put the contents of the files (as soon as possible will run the good fvwm-themes-config command). save - wrote back the files exit - Stop fvwm-themes-menuapp. USAGE
When fvwm-themes is installed, fvwm-themes-menuapp is run as: fvwm-themes-menuapp --site --build-menus --remove-popup FvwmScript-Menus used (and in fact is based on) fvwm-themes-menuapp. See this FvwmScript script for examples with the com-mode option. AUTHORS
Olivier Chapuis <olivier.chapuis@free.fr>, 5 May 2000. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
Report bugs to fvwm-themes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net. perl v5.8.0 2003-06-05 FVWM-THEMES-MENUAPP(1)