Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Networking sysadmin/blocking/IM Post 38544 by thehoghunter on Friday 18th of July 2003 04:51:36 PM
Old 07-18-2003
Found one story with other links that might interest you.

I was with a major telecom company and it uses a tool like IM all the time. I dont' know if it used the same port(s) or not or if they kept it internal or allowed external (doubtful). But I also see where the IM of the world have ways around blocked ports...this one isn't the correct link...can't find it today but this mentions part of it - something to do with the http being used (or those ports)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Sysadmin Day.

We have Labour day, Secretary Day Etc. But there is another day upcoming, which is System Administrator Day. (System Administrator Appreciation Day Friday - July 26th, 2002) http://www.sysadminday.com/ " Nice to hear that all our hardworks are getting noticed " :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sysadmin LOGIN msgs for all users

Is there a way, as sysadmin, to put out system msgs, ie scheduled downtime, backup info, etc, whenever users log in? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
5 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Sysadmin Day Meetup in NYC

Hi All, I just joined this forum, and I think its great! I wanted to let you know in honor of Systems Administrator Appreciation Day (which is next Friday, as you probably know), I'm organizing a meetup in New York City to celebrate. I've made a page with more information here: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MPSimmons
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Happy SysAdmin Appreciation Day!

A big Thank You to the admins of unix.com, for keeping the platform of a great community running smoothly and error-free. In case you don't know what I'm talking about: SysAdmin Appreciation Day (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
5 Replies

5. Solaris

[solved] Group sysadmin missing

Hello all I recently installed a fresh copy of Solaris. I noticed that /etc/passwd does not contain an entry for sysadmin Group #14. Why isnt it there? Other websites state that by default it should be there ! Help! Regards, Junaid ---------- Post updated at 01:04 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

6. AIX

A book for sysadmin

Please i searching a book which covering system administration of aix7 or 6 :lvm,virtualization,fs,etc Ebook and amazon ok. Do you know something good? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

7. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
BounceURL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    BounceURL(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Hyperlink::BounceURL - Allow off-page links in POD to point to a URL SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Hyperlink::BounceURL; my $linkparser = new Pod::Hyperlink::BounceURL; $linkparser->configure( URL => '/cgi-perl/support/bounce.pl?page=%s' ); my $pod2xhtml = new Pod::Xhtml( LinkParser => $linkparser ); DESCRIPTION
Some links in your pod may not be resolveable by Pod::Hyperlink, e.g. "L<Some::Module>" - this module allows you to detect such links and generate a hyperlink instead of some static text. The target URL will probably be some kind of dynamic webpage or CGI application which can then serve up the relevant page or send a redirect to the page, hence the "bounce" in this module's name. This module overrides the type() method and, for relevant links, will return a string which is "bounceurl:" followed by the URL, instead of returning "page" or "item". Your pod-conversion module can then switch on this case and emit the correct kind of markup. Pod::Xhtml supports the use of this module. METHODS
configure( %OPTIONS ) Set persistent configuration for this object. See "OPTIONS". type() Behaves as Pod::Hyperlink's type() method except for the unresolveable links, where the string returned is as described in "DESCRIPTION". OPTIONS
URL The URL to handle the link, which may be absolute or relative, of any protocol - it's just treated as a string and is passed through sprintf(), with two string arguments that are both already URL-escaped. The first argument is the page name, and will always exist. The second argument is the "node" within the page, and may be empty. Insert '%s' where you wish the arguments to be interpolated. The string goes through sprintf() so you should have '%%' where you want an actual percent sign. If you need the arguments in a different order, see the perl-specific features of "sprintf" in perlfunc. VERSION
$Revision: 1.7 $ AUTHOR
P Kent <cpan _at_ bbc _dot_ co _dot_ uk> COPYRIGHT
(c) BBC 2007. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the GNU GPL. See the file COPYING in this distribution, or http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt perl v5.10.1 2010-07-28 BounceURL(3pm)