Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stop exe from command line
Top Forums Programming Stop exe from command line Post 38531 by zing on Friday 18th of July 2003 02:24:54 AM
Old 07-18-2003
Stop exe from command line

Hi All,
I want to find if a certain exe is running and if it is running i want to stop the execution of this exe (the exe has been created by me) on solaris.
What are the unix command i need to use and can i put these comand in a shell script or create a new exe to do this task (i would prefer an exe cos i need to call this from a browser based frontend, i m not using cgi.)

Thanks in advance

Zing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop awk adding a new line

In a loop, I want to append some text to a file without generating a new line (and then force a new line before re-iterating the loop). In the code below the first 'echo' command is OK as it uses '--n' for no new line. For the 'awk' line I *thought* I could solve it by using printf rather than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TobyR
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep question: stop search from finding entire line

Sorry for the title, I really don't know how to word this question or what to even search for. I tried "grep one match", "grep 1 match", "stop grep" on both google and here and haven't found something that helps, so here I go: I have a file that's about 1.5 million lines long, every line looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmoakler
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to stop a user giving kill command on a server!!

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and want to create a script with the follwoing description: I want to restrict the users from giving a kill command on a unix server. The server have a restricted logins with login id and passwords. I want a script that will find out if a user has given a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_scripting
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop Sqlplus command from printing db connection details

Hi, Could someone tell me how to stop SQLPLUS command from printing the connection details in the console. Below is the lines i get in console when executing the sqlplus... SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Mar 9 03:31:03 2011 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to stop script for until present command excuted

Hi, Basically I am running a script in another script. #!/bin/sh DIRECTORY="/export/home/scripts" CURDATIME=`date '+%m%d%y_%H%M%S'` LOG_FILE="${DIRECTORY}/${CURDATIME}_abc.out" echo "ABC Delta Script started at `${CURDATIME}`" > $LOG_FILE cd ${DIRECTORY} sh ./abcDeltaRun.sh >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnrchinna
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to stop sub directories being counted?

I'm trying to count the number of directories in a folder but I don't want to count the sub directories. So far I have this: find -type d | wc -l Is there a parameter to stop counting sub directories ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultima
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to stop all the cron jobs

Hi All, Please provide the command to stop all the cron jobs. Thanks in Advance Regards, Sindu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
2 Replies

9. Programming

Why does gdb stop at a different line than “i b” shows while returning from function?

Here is the program I am trying to debug: #include <stdio.h> int i = 5; int main(void) { int x = 3; display(x); return 0; } void display(int x) { for ( i=0; i<x; ++i ) { printf("i is %d.\n", i); } }This code is coming from here Peter's gdb Tutorial: Stepping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read command stop on either EOF or a specific line

I'm trying to stop reading a file until the end of the file is reached or a defined delimiter line is reached. Some how I need to test the fail state of the last 2 commands, not just the last command. echo -e "hello\ngoodbye\n####\ntesting" | while read line; ]; do echo "$line"; done hello... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
4 Replies
CS(1)							  The Canonical Csound Reference						     CS(1)

NAME
cs - Starts Csound with a set of options that can be controlled by environment variables, and input and output files determined by the specified filename stem. . DESCRIPTION
Starts Csound with a set of options that can be controlled by environment variables, and input and output files determined by the specified filename stem. SYNTAX
cs [-OPTIONS] <name> [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ] INITIALIZATION
Flags: o - OPTIONS = OPTIONS is a sequence of alphabetic characters that can be used for selecting the Csound executable to be run, as well as the command line flags (see below). There is a default for the option 'r' (selects real-time output), but it can be overridden. o <name> = this is the filename stem for selecting input files; it may contain a path. Files that have .csd, .orc, or .sco extension are searched, and either a CSD or an orc/sco pair that matches <name> the best are selected. MIDI files with a .mid extension are also searched, and if one that matches <name> at least as close as the CSD or orc/sco pair, it is used with the -F flag. NOTE The MIDI file is not used if any -M or -F flag is specified by the user - new in version 4.24.0) Unless there is any option (-n or -o) related to audio output, an output file name with the appropriate extension is automatically generated (based on the name of selected input files and format options). The output file is always written to the current directory. NOTE file name extensions are not case sensitive. o [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ] = any number of additional options for Csound that are simply copied to the final command line to be executed. The command line that is executed is generated from four parts: 1. Csound executable (possibly with options). This is exactly one of the following (the last one has the highest precedence): o a built-in default o the value of the CSOUND environment variable o environment variables with a name in the format of CSOUND_x where x is an uppercase letter selected by characters of the -OPTIONS string. Thus, if the -dcba option is used, and the environment variables CSOUND_B and CSOUND_C are defined, the value of CSOUND_B will take effect. 2. Any number of option lists, added in the following order: o either some built-in defaults, or the value of the CSFLAGS environment variable if it is defined. o environment variables with a name in the format of CSFLAGS_x where x is an uppercase letter selected by characters of the -OPTIONS string. Thus, if the -dcba option is used, and the environment variables CSFLAGS_A and CSFLAGS_C are defined as '-M 1 -o dac' and '-m231 -H0', respectively, the string '-m231 -H0 -M 1 -o dac' will be added. 3. The explicit options of [CSOUND OPTIONS ... ]. 4. Any options and file names generated from <name>. NOTE Quoted options that contain spaces are allowed. EXAMPLES
Assuming the following environment variables: CSOUND = csoundfltk.exe -W CSOUND_D = csound64.exe -J CSOUND_R = csoundfltk.exe -h CSFLAGS = -d -m135 -H1 -s CSFLAGS_D = -f CSFLAGS_R = -m0 -H0 -o dac1 -M "MIDI Yoke NT: 1" -b 200 -B 6000 And a directory that contains: foo.orc piano.csd foo.sco piano.mid im.csd piano2.mid ImproSculpt2_share.csd foobar.csd The following commands will execute as shown: cs foo => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -o foo.wav foo.orc foo.sco cs foob => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -o foobar.wav foobar.csd cs -r imp -i adc => csoundfltk.exe -h -d -m135 -H1 -s -m0 -H0 -o dac1 -M "MIDI Yoke NT: 1" -b 200 -B 6000 -i adc ImproSculpt2_share.csd cs -d im => csound64.exe -J -d -m135 -H1 -s -f -o im.sf im.csd cs piano => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -F piano.mid -o piano.wav piano.csd cs piano2 => csoundfltk.exe -W -d -m135 -H1 -s -F piano2.mid -o piano2.wav piano.csd CREDITS
Author: Istvan Varga Jan 2003 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.07 06/23/2009 CS(1)