Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: restarting a while loop
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers restarting a while loop Post 38508 by davidg on Thursday 17th of July 2003 12:57:00 PM
Old 07-17-2003
Hi Neil,

Please give us some scripto, it's confusing to get things clear right now.

Please be aware of logsurfer the tool that analyzes (growing) logfiles online and actiones as given patterns are matched.

I have it in production on 5 HP11.00 servers right now, and it's maybe the best tool I ever seen.

Regs David

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restarting a Crashed Process

Hello, I host a couple of Call of Duty gameing servers. There are some hackers who love the crash them. When they crash them it simply causes a segmentaion fault and kills the PID. I was wondering it you could help me write a script to simply restart the program after it has been crashed. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting the Spooler

:confused: Everytime our UNIXWARE 7 Server is restarted we also have to restart the spooler. If the spooler is not restarted, print jobs get stuck in the queu. Once restarted by using the following command lpstop and lpstart everything works fine. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorgy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to solve restarting problem

Hi! My unix os version is OSF1 CP1 V4.0 878 alpha. It startup normally but it restarts within 5 sec. I would like to know how to solve . Please reply to me. Thanks . akzin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akzin
2 Replies

4. SCO

System restarting itself every after 20-24 hours

HI We have Compaq ML350 G2 server with UNIX SCO 5.0.5 OS , can anyone help us to get rid about the system restarting problem by itself every after2-24 hours with following error " MEMORY CORE DUMP " . Waiting for your ASAP help. Thank You . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: munirh
4 Replies

5. Solaris

server restarting

Hello people, My solaris server is rebooting, not sure how!!! Which log should I look in to? I checked /var/adm/messages and dmesg also. How do I check older dmesg logs? I checked lastlog and also ran the last command. Nothing useful pointing to why server rebooted. Also when server reboots I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Restarting syslogd on Unix

Hi All, I can seem to find the syslog daemon in the /etc/init.d/ dir. i have made change to the syslog.conf i need to restart the daemon. am using solaris 10. i have no problem on version 9 Anyone with a template i can use for log review for auditing purposes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lottiem
1 Replies

7. Programming

Restarting the program

Hi, I use gfortran to run the code. Some times I need to stop the program and restart it. On restarting I need to run the program from the beginning. Is there any script or option available to restart the program from where it stopped? This script/option will be immensely useful for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting a process

Hi, How is it possible to restart only your process. I can get the process killed but I am not able to start it. For eg : i first did this ps -ef|grep _out --displays all the process with _out in the name then I killed kill -15 36044 -- process id. Now how can i start the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TH3M0Nk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in restarting process

Hi friends, I have one unix command which is used to check the network status manually. followig is the command check_Network this command give follwoing status Network 1 is ok Network 2 is ok network 3 is ok network 4 is ok . . . . Network 10 is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
8 Replies

10. SuSE

Restarting syslog-ng

Environment: SUSE 10.3 I made a configuration change in '/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf' file in a server. An article found on web says "After the change '/etc/init.d/syslog-ng' should be restarted". But there is no 'syslog-ng' in /etc/init.d directory. What is syslog-ng or a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
4 Replies
GIT-MERGETOOL(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-MERGETOOL(1)

NAME
git-mergetool - Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts SYNOPSIS
git mergetool [--tool=<tool>] [-y | --[no-]prompt] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
Use git mergetool to run one of several merge utilities to resolve merge conflicts. It is typically run after git merge. If one or more <file> parameters are given, the merge tool program will be run to resolve differences on each file (skipping those without conflicts). Specifying a directory will include all unresolved files in that path. If no <file> names are specified, git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts. OPTIONS
-t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the merge resolution program specified by <tool>. Valid values include emerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, meld, vimdiff, and tortoisemerge. Run git mergetool --tool-help for the list of valid <tool> settings. If a merge resolution program is not specified, git mergetool will use the configuration variable merge.tool. If the configuration variable merge.tool is not set, git mergetool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting mergetool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git mergetool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known merge tool programs, git mergetool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.cmd. When git mergetool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the merge.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with $BASE set to the name of a temporary file containing the common base for the merge, if available; $LOCAL set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file on the current branch; $REMOTE set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file to be merged, and $MERGED set to the name of the file to which the merge tool should write the result of the merge resolution. If the custom merge tool correctly indicates the success of a merge resolution with its exit code, then the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode can be set to true. Otherwise, git mergetool will prompt the user to indicate the success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited. --tool-help Print a list of merge tools that may be used with --tool. -y, --no-prompt Don't prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. This is the default if the merge resolution program is explicitly specified with the --tool option or with the merge.tool configuration variable. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program to give the user a chance to skip the path. -O<orderfile> Process files in the order specified in the <orderfile>, which has one shell glob pattern per line. This overrides the diff.orderFile configuration variable (see git-config(1)). To cancel diff.orderFile, use -O/dev/null. TEMPORARY FILES
git mergetool creates *.orig backup files while resolving merges. These are safe to remove once a file has been merged and its git mergetool session has completed. Setting the mergetool.keepBackup configuration variable to false causes git mergetool to automatically remove the backup as files are successfully merged. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-MERGETOOL(1)