Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet in Japanese
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Telnet in Japanese Post 38492 by Ralf on Thursday 17th of July 2003 09:51:10 AM
Old 07-17-2003
thanks Perderabo, I'll go and check out the links ... Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing in Japanese or differet languages

Hi. I am running Redhat 8. I am trying to get my system to write in Japanese. I can choose the Japanese language for the system to display, but I cannot figure out how to write in Japanese. Primarily, I want to write Japanese in the brower (Mozilla 1.01). Example: writing email using Yahoo or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Entering Japanese text on Solaris 8

Hi, I have installed the Sun Solaris 8 with Japanese locale. it is able to display the Japanese characters and its environment. However, I have no idea on how to input or enter Japanese characters into this environment. Can someone please enligthen me? Thank you very much and have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
3 Replies

3. AIX

Japanese Locale installation on AIX 5.3

Hi Can anybody tell me where do i find (download) the following filesets for AIX 5.3. These are the dependencies i'm facing while installing Japanese locale from the 5th CD of AIX 5.3 CD bundle. X11.loc.ja_JP.base.rte 5.3.0.0 # AIXwindows Locale Configurat... bos.loc.iso.ja_JP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya_930
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typing in Japanese language

Hi. I am running Solaris 10,HPUX 11.31 and AIX 6.1. I am trying to get my system to write in Japanese. I can choose the Japanese language for the system to display, but I cannot figure out how to write in Japanese. I have set up my system, and Mozilla (including the menu and web pages) to display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

5. AIX

Japanese in Unix

Hi, I have a PPD(Postscript printer description) file which is in Japanese. I want to use the PPD file in AIX. Is it possible where should i set the Lang. and is it possible to type in Japanese language. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
3 Replies

6. Linux

mailx: Unable to send Japanese

Hi All, I am facing problem in sending Japanese characters using mailx command in GNU linux machine. The mail is going with junk characters like "メールの-界へようこそ". I tried changing the LANG value to japan locale off UTF-8. But it doesn't worked. I have to send the data as body not as an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karteek
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios Alert in Japanese

I have googled for weeks now and all I am getting is the same results from frank4dd's notes on setting up perl script to produce alerts in Japanese. On the contrary I wish to ensure all my alerts come in English as primary language. What I am getting from Japanese-language-Windows-machine added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Japanese Language in Suse

I had just added Japanese language as my secondary language with yast and I am still not able to view Japanese characters (they appear mangled) I've copied two text files from windows to the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (i586), one with UTF and the other with ANSI. When viewed with cat and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set the japanese locale in Solaris 10

Pls help me to set the japanese locale in Solaris 10. I have checked JP locale has been already installed on Solaris BOX. Thanks, Karan N (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirka01
2 Replies
ppmtoicr(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtoicr(1)

NAME
ppmtoicr - convert a portable pixmap into NCSA ICR format SYNOPSIS
ppmtoicr [-windowname name] [-expand expand] [-display display] [-rle] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap file as input. Produces an NCSA Telnet Interactive Color Raster graphic file as output. If ppmfile is not sup- plied, ppmtoicr will read from standard input. Interactive Color Raster (ICR) is a protocol for displaying raster graphics on workstation screens. The protocol is implemented in NCSA Telnet for the Macintosh version 2.3. The ICR protocol shares characteristics of the Tektronix graphics terminal emulation protocol. For example, escape sequences are used to control the display. ppmtoicr will output the appropriate sequences to create a window of the dimensions of the input pixmap, create a colormap of up to 256 colors on the display, then load the picture data into the window. Note that there is no icrtoppm tool - this transformation is one way. OPTIONS
-windownamename Output will be displayed in name (Default is to use ppmfile or "untitled" if standard input is read.) -expandexpand Output will be expanded on display by factor expand (For example, a value of 2 will cause four pixels to be displayed for every input pixel.) -displaydisplay Output will be displayed on screen numbered display -rle Use run-length encoded format for display. (This will nearly always result in a quicker display, but may skew the colormap.) EXAMPLES
To display a ppm file using the protocol: ppmtoicr ppmfile This will create a window named ppmfile on the display with the correct dimensions for ppmfile, create and download a colormap of up to 256 colors, and download the picture into the window. The same effect may be achieved by the following sequence: ppmtoicr ppmfile > filename cat filename To display a GIF file using the protocol in a window titled after the input file, zoom the displayed image by a factor of 2, and run-length encode the data: giftopnm giffile | ppmtoicr -w giffile -r -e 2 BUGS
The protocol uses frequent fflush calls to speed up display. If the output is saved to a file for later display via cat, drawing will be much slower. In either case, increasing the Blocksize limit on the display will speed up transmission substantially. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) NCSA Telnet for the Macintosh, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1989) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1990 by Kanthan Pillay (svpillay@Princeton.EDU), Princeton University Computing and Information Technology. 30 July 1990 ppmtoicr(1)