Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers download copy of UNIX, SOLARIS, SCO, anything? Post 38458 by JaredsNew on Wednesday 16th of July 2003 04:44:49 PM
Old 07-16-2003
download copy of UNIX, SOLARIS, SCO, anything?

Hi All,

I'm a UNIX Newbie, yes, I hate to say it. I'm decent enough though on LINUX box. But of course, it's not the same!

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the UNIX network operating system, that I can install on one of my boxes?

I'd very much appreciate all suggestions.

Thanks much, Jared

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I download Solaris 8 or any new Unix Software???

help me with this people. I need to know (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. SCO

SCO-UNIX Download

Dear Friends, Can anyone tell me from where i can download the SCO-UNIX freely. is SCO-UNIX a freeware or not?.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msvraajaram
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

4. SCO

from where to download sco unix 7.14

can any one tell me from where i can download the SCO unix operating system 7.14 version. any one has any link ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamlinux
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

SCO unix download

is there anyplace i can download SCOunix image cd's for free. which company's product is it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hessam
6 Replies

6. SCO

Problem with sco unix 5.0.5 and copy disk

Hi, i'm from Argetina and my english is very poor. I'm trying to copy disk with sco unix 5.0.5 -60Gb IDE Disk- (7476, 255, 63) to other disk -IDE 80Gb- and g4u v2.3. After the copy, i'm trying the 80Gb disk and the roblem is the partition /u/disco is empty. Note: /u/disco is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Special copy across filesystems during download

A large file is being downloaded in my harddisk. I want to copy it in my pen drive. Can i do that simultaneously without waiting for the download to complete? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbala
4 Replies

8. SCO

Sco unix 5.0 copy file to pen drive

I have a server unix Sco 5.0 and copy some backup files to flopy drive using command "Tar", but i like copy this files to pen drive, is possible ? my know about Sco is less. Tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger2112
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download .xls file from mail and copy to another path using shell script

Hi I have a mail attachment coming from a mail id and evreytime with the same name in .xls format.I have to download the .xls file into a location and convert it itno .csv format and copy the .csv file to another location. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bikky6
1 Replies
endprotoent(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    endprotoent(3)

NAME
endprotoent, endprotoent_r - Close the network protocols database file LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <netdb.h> void endprotoent(void); [Tru64 UNIX] The following function is supported in order to maintain backward compatibility with previous versions of the operating sys- tem. void endprotoent_r( struct protoent_data *proto_data); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: endprotoent(): XNS4.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
[Tru64 UNIX] For endprotoent_r() only, this is data for the protocol database. DESCRIPTION
The endprotoent() function closes either the local /etc/protocols file or the NIS distributed protocols file, previously opened with the getprotoent(), getprotobyname(), or getprotobynumber() function. To determine which file or files to search, and in which order, the system uses the switches in the /etc/svc.conf file. If the most recent setprotent() function has been performed with a nonzero parameter, the endprotoent() function will not close the network protocols database file. In this instance, the network protocols database file is not closed until a call to the exit() function. A sec- ond setprotent() call must be issued with a parameter equal to 0 (zero) in order to ensure that a following endprotoent() function will succeed. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] The endprotoent_r() function is the reentrant version of the endprotoent() function. It is supported in order to maintain backward compatibility with previous versions of the operating system. The netdb.h header file defines the protoent_data structure. ERRORS
Current industry standards do not define error values for the endprotoent() function. FILES
Contains protocol names. The database service selection configuration file. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getprotoent(3), getprotobynumber(3), getprotobyname(3), setprotoent(3). Files: protocols(4), svc.conf(4) Networks: nis_intro(7) Standards: standards(5) delim off endprotoent(3)