Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suse Floppy not available
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Suse Floppy not available Post 38446 by Sonshyne5 on Wednesday 16th of July 2003 01:31:18 PM
Old 07-16-2003
[QUOTE]Originally posted by norsk hedensk
[B]..... how are you trying to mount the floppy drive? maybe there is erronous input you are providing, try just putting a disk in the drive, and run kde and open the floppy that way, click on the floppy icon that is put by default on the desktop....

Allright: when I do as you suugest above, I get a small window that is labeled "Mounting /dev/fd0" with a time line marked 0% that never changes. no light. But - "glory" after a long long wait, it did (for the first time) read the directory of the floppy drive! there's only one file there, and it is a jpeg. It even gives me a thumbnail view!

Thanks. But why is it so slow, and why doesn't the light work? Any ideas?
And I wonder if it will still mount the next time I boot???? Maybe I just haven't been patient enough.
Sonshyne5

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Floppy will not mount on SUSE

I have installed SUSE 10 on a laptop that has a swappable CDROM/Floppy drive. When I was installing the OS my CDROM was connected. Later I tried to swap it with the Floppy and mount it but no success. Here is what I get: dell:/dev # mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt /dev/fd0: Invalid argument ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reedcat
0 Replies
cpu_family(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       cpu_family(3alleg4)

NAME
cpu_family - Contains the CPU type. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int cpu_family; DESCRIPTION
Contains the Intel type, where applicable. Allegro defines the following CPU family types: CPU_FAMILY_UNKNOWN - The type of processor is unknown CPU_FAMILY_I386 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 386 CPU_FAMILY_I486 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 486 CPU_FAMILY_I586 - The processor is a Pentium or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_I686 - The processor is a Pentium Pro, II, III or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_ITANIUM - The processor is an Itanium processor CPU_FAMILY_POWERPC - The processor is a PowerPC processor CPU_FAMILY_EXTENDED - The processor type needs to be read from the cpu_model You can read this variable after you have called check_cpu() (which is automatically called by allegro_init()). SEE ALSO
check_cpu(3alleg4), cpu_vendor(3alleg4), cpu_model(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 cpu_family(3alleg4)