Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting ACL's
Special Forums Cybersecurity setting ACL's Post 3842 by andy_kann on Thursday 12th of July 2001 05:28:33 AM
Old 07-12-2001
setting ACL's

Hi all,

How can I set default owning user and default owning group with setfacl on Solaris 2.6 and up ?
My idea is, that when a file is created by user x, and the default owning user is y, the ownership is set to y.
This option is visible in the filemanager, though not editable. I can't find anything about it in the man pages or on the SUN webpage.

Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks,

Andy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

7. Linux

setting acl on linux

Hi, while setting access control list I am getting error "Operation NOt Supported" Example :user A wants full access on test directory /home/user B/test, I dont want to add in secondary group bcz group has read permission, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. AIX

setting acl

Hi, I want to know how to set acl in aix via smitty and shell prompt, wheather we needs to install additional packages. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up ACL in Apache

Folks; How can i setup ACL in Apache so i can give a group of users (defined by their emails (all users under *@red.com) access to a web page? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help setting ACL's

Folks, Solaris 10 issue When I add a new directory to a path, I only get the "group@" line in the ACL The parent directory ACL is drwxrws---+ 12 root teama 12 Jul 18 10:31 . owner@:rwxp-DaARWc---:------:allow group@:rwxp-DaARWc--s:fd----:allow ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilberforce
0 Replies