Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers passing parameters to sleep command Post 38417 by nagaraju_svs on Wednesday 16th of July 2003 07:52:14 AM
Old 07-16-2003
passing parameters to sleep command

Hi,

Can any one help me with an example how to use

Sleep command with parameters

thanx,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing parameters in script

I have 2 scripts: script1 and script2 Script1 passes 4 parameters to script2 as follows #script1 code ... ... script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 Script2 uses the export command to know to expect these values #script2 export $1 $2 $3 $4 code ... ... The problem that I am having is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Passing SSH Command Parameters

On Solaris 5.9, is there any way to pass parameter(s), via SSH, to a command defined in the remote host's authorized_keys file? We have a menu that uses SSH to control some apps on our various hosts. I've been tasked with enhancing it and making it more secure. So far, the local host menu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PabloCruise77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing more than 9 parameters

hi, i am passing around 14 parameters for a script a=$1 b=$2 c=$3 d=$4 e=$5 f=$6 g=$7 h=$8 i=\"${9}\" shift j=\"${1}\" still for j it is displaying the 1st parameter value..how to make it take the 10th parameter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing SSH Command Parameters

Hi, I wan to pass arguments to remote script in Unix . For that I'm using ssh PFB the code I'm using: ssh -t -l osdac 10.81.33.51 "cd /appl/OSD/LOGS/flstr010/test.sh "$1" "$2"" Problem is I'm not able to pass second argument . Can anyone plz help me in resolving this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suchitasaner27
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing the parameters through a file

Hi All, I have written a shell script and the script is working fine, I am passing my MIT_ID(NUMBER VALUE) to the shell script from the command prompt and my script is executing as expected. Now I have to pass all the MIT_ID's from a .txt file to the shell script,as I am automating this I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters to the script

how can i make a script to run only when parameters are given, if parameters are not given it should through an error , saying "please enter a parameter" for ex: i want a find command to run only when the parameters are given (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knip
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing 2+ parameters to one command

I have a script that uses more than one parameter. It looks like this: for i in `cat /tmp/listofpolicies`; do for x in $(cat /tmp/lst |sed 's/^/\/usr\/openv\/netbackup\/db\/class\//g'); do /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplinclude $i -delete -f $x;done;done The problem is that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
IWPRIV(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 IWPRIV(8)

NAME
iwpriv - configure optionals (private) parameters of a wireless network interface SYNOPSIS
iwpriv [interface] iwpriv interface private-command [private-parameters] iwpriv interface private-command [I] [private-parameters] iwpriv interface --all DESCRIPTION
Iwpriv is the companion tool to iwconfig(8). Iwpriv deals with parameters and setting specific to each driver (as opposed to iwconfig which deals with generic ones). Without any argument, iwpriv list the available private commands available on each interface, and the parameters that they require. Using this information, the user may apply those interface specific commands on the specified interface. In theory, the documentation of each device driver should indicate how to use those interface specific commands and their effect. PARAMETERS
private-command [private-parameters] Execute the specified private-command on the interface. The command may optionally take or require arguments, and may display information. Therefore, the command line parameters may or may not be needed and should match the command expectations. The list of commands that iwpriv displays (when called without argument) should give you some hints about those parameters. However you should refer to the device driver documentation for information on how to properly use the command and the effect. private-command [I] [private-parameters] Idem, except that I (an integer) is passed to the command as a Token Index. Only some command will use the Token Index (most will ignore it), and the driver documentation should tell you when it's needed. -a/--all Execute and display all the private commands that don't take any arguments (i.e. read only). DISPLAY
For each device which support private commands, iwpriv will display the list of private commands available. This include the name of the private command, the number or arguments that may be set and their type, and the number or arguments that may be display and their type. For example, you may have the following display : eth0 Available private ioctl : setqualthr (89F0) : set 1 byte & get 0 gethisto (89F7) : set 0 & get 16 int This indicate that you may set the quality threshold and display an histogram of up to 16 values with the following commands : iwpriv eth0 setqualthr 20 iwpriv eth0 gethisto AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com FILES
/proc/net/wireless SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwevent(8), iwspy(8), wireless(7). net-tools 31 October 1996 IWPRIV(8)