Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Major Problem! i think
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Major Problem! i think Post 38414 by sajjan2 on Wednesday 16th of July 2003 04:26:44 AM
Old 07-16-2003
problem solved

I shut of the power, and started up tha machine again then
it worked properly. I guess i should insert the string in the file to prevent it from happening again, thank you.

/N

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

major difference

guys, pls help me out. i hv good idea in redhat linux in what areas i need 2 concentrate 2 mk me much familiar with that of solaris. :confused: pls let me know the major diff found in these two os. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

2. AIX

major no

hi what is meant by major no in vg what is meant by concurrent vg i cant understand these two things (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter out major and minor?

Hi, I have line like this : proj_name/module/trunk/module_1_0 where the first "1" refers to major version and second "0" refers to minor version. any AWK or command like that so that I can filter out the major and minor ? like major= command | input line minor= command |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Major Application

Hi there all I am going to be a new admin (AIX,Redhat,Suse, and Solaris). I know these OS's at basic to intermediate level..somewhat. i would like to know what are corporate level sys admin softwares that are commanly used day to day . i know its a broad question. but i just wanna know few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

5. AIX

VG major number in HACMP

HI All, I would like to know is it compulsory to keep major number of shared VG's on cluster nodes to be same..? I have come across a situation where on one node major number of shared vg is the major number of altinst_rootvg on other node..how to overcome this situation..? shan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: to_bsr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Major File Reformat

Hello, I have many lengthy files that need to be reformatted. I was hoping a sed or awk script could fix this. Here is an example of the original format: P0037 # Degree: 32.999981 # COMMAND: 03 (#01A) Scale 1.296875, 52 (Wooden Crate w/ #2 Label, Bahko) v -3328.000000 12.101541 437.000000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blue Solo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How major software is protected?

I am a new software developer and I wish to sell my software. I recently realized that from C++ code we can not stop the user seeing parts of the code that are related to scripts or system commands. Would you make some comments on how software written in C++/JAVA (distributed via CD-ROMs or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Major achievement ... applause!

Dear fellow *nixers, please join me congratulating Corona688 for reaching the lonesome, lorn landmark of 4500 thanks! What an achievement in the gruelling ordeal of servicing these fora. Incredible. All the best RĂ¼diger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
9 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Major Changes in New UserCP (v0.63) Prototype

Regarding the latest version of the UserCP prototype (version 0.63) I have made a lot of major changes, including Added a "Posts Timeline" table for the recent posts, complimenting the non-table version earlier, which has been moved off the main menu (link at the bottom of the table). Added a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)