Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Phone dialer?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Phone dialer? Post 38401 by Sonshyne5 on Tuesday 15th of July 2003 09:46:55 PM
Old 07-15-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by thehoghunter
% cu 8004269400

(might be too simple)
Well, simple is good. But maybe I'm too simple to understand your reply. Is "cu" a dialer? and what does "%" mean? What would be the syntax to actually7 place a call? I guess the place to start is the terminal window??

I know that from DOS it is possible to issue a command (although I've forgotten what it is) that will cause the phone to dial, so I guess it should be possible from a terminal window, but I don't know how.

Thanks, thehoghunter.

Sonshyne5Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Phone Directory

Hi Guys; im new here...my name is Mark and im a student from sinapore...i need help with a project im working on...can someone tell me how to create a phone directory with scripting which must include user-ID and password...im so worried right now cause i don't know where to start..i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRk2002
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Phone Dialer?

Is there a phone # dialer for Unix? I'm specifically looking for one in the OS X terminal, but I can run it through my FreeBSD computer too. --Andrew (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewgray
0 Replies

3. AIX

Phone support

We have a 7028 p series server that has a lapsed hardware service contract, and I was attempting to create a billable tech support phone call, and IBM said that they do on site billable only. Is anybody out there aware of reputable third party support companies I might be able to contact. I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting a phone

I have an LG VX9800 (The V), am using Linux Mint, and just downloaded BitPim. The problem: BitPim doesn't detect my phone. Then again, the computer doesn't even do that. I read here (under Reference > USB > Linux USB Setup) about direct USB access, but Linux Mint apparently doesn't use hotplug. Or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zucriy Amsuna
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Os (open source dialer config on centos)

Hii Champs I want to configure OS (Open source dialer on asterisk platform) for Centos.here is the detail : We are going to use inbound outbound calling.We have Two servers with 2 separate network for inbound and outbound calling.using 6 mbps dedicated line with 2 mbps bakcup line.I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Os Open source dialer not working on Centos Asterisk platform

Hi We have one centos Server on Asterisk platform and using OS Open source dialer for dialing outbound connections.We are using eyebeam as a softphone for calling with Server ip 192.168.1.X.Today i found dialing issues with each client side phones.Not showing pause/resume button when browse... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)