Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Veritas commands??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Veritas commands?? Post 38350 by TRUEST on Monday 14th of July 2003 02:16:43 PM
Old 07-14-2003
Thanks a lot guys

just a few question for RTM.

the commands that you suggested, these aren't gon do any damage to the system right? This is simply to give information, not make any changes?. right?

and also, what is it you look for from the output of vxprint -ht in terms of errors and what would you personally do from that point on to rectify the problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas or Legato?

Hi guys, What product would you suggest for a hot/on-line backup with an active oracle database ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas

Hey all, I've noticed a heap of UNIX jobs like Veritas experience. Just wondering if anyone knows of any softwrae very much alike for free which would be good for learning with? Or if there is a trail like version out there for downloading? Cheers Thx in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Veritas Certification

hAI THIS IS SRIKANTH FROM INDIA AND I AM CERTIFIED SUN SOLARIS NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR AND I AM PLANNING TO APPEAR FOR VERITAS CERTIFICATION BUT THERE ARE LOT OF CERTIFICATIONS IN VERITAS CAN ANY ONE HELP ME IN CHOOSING WHICH CERTIFICATION I CAN OPT FOR THANKS & REGARDS..............SRIK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srik_basina
1 Replies

5. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 8 with veritas

Hi All, I need info on veritas volume manager with solaris 8. Although I have worked with HP-UX 10-11 (vmm is integrted), I still don't know what is the command for modifying, monitoring and troubleshooting vvm on solaris 8. Is it the same? Can't find good documentation on my search with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

8. Solaris

veritas

can u plz helpme i have some problem in veritas,i have 4 hard disks one is cpu remaining three is diskarray. whenever iam enter devfsadm command is showing error CAN'T INSTRUMENT RETURNOF FD_INTRACT 7BF58620:NON-CANANICAL RETURN INSRUCTION so iam enter format command is not showing four... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

9. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching, fortune - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] /usr/games/fortune DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the Unix oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. CHING(6)