Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XP to Linux (Red Hat)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers XP to Linux (Red Hat) Post 38321 by cbkihong on Saturday 12th of July 2003 04:22:58 AM
Old 07-12-2003
Yes, but your linux PC needs to have a telnet daemon installed. Or, actually I think Red hat already has SSH installed by default which is a secure version of telnet.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Linux Red Hat 6.0

Hi everyone, I'm planning on installing Linux Redhat on my system, what are the steps i need to take in order to install it side by side with Win'98 or Win'Me OS. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaos
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Linux 6.0

Ok here is my problem i do not know the command to load a driver for my network card in Ted hat linux 6.0 could sombody give me a hand. and if there is anyone that has a list of commands for red hat that would be great also (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does Motif come with Linux Red Hat 7.2??

I want to know because am very interested in learning the basics or even the whole thing if it isn't too complicated. if it doesn't come with linux red hat, then, where can I get rich information about it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slackware's Linux 3.0 VS Red Hat Linux 7.x

Hello guys, I got overzealous (I Think). I got the book Linux Unleashed that comes with the Slackware 3.0 Version of Linux for $2.00.I also have Red Hat Linux 7.2 (No book, just the OS).What I wanted to know was,other than the bells and whistles of Red Hat is there any significant difference... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perrylx
2 Replies

5. Linux

Red Hat Linux 9

Hello there! Will anybody please tell me some good links to online eBooks on Red Hat Linux 9 user experiences and the like. If the books are in PDF Format, it will be nice to read. Thanks for cooperation in advance. Enjoy using open source and breathe freely! JAM (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

RAID on Red Hat Linux 7.2

Hi all I have an old Compaq DL380 (G1) server with 4 hard disks. It is running Red Hat Linux 7.2 One of the disks died. I didn't build the box myself. How would I determine if software RAID was configured? I had a look a /etc/fstab, but it's only referring to ida/c0d0 The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

7. Linux

login in red hat linux

Hi, I have got a very simple, but unresolved problem. I am trying to login in Red Hat Linux here. However the login shell is mentioned as csh in /etc/passwd file. I am unable to make out which file is executed on login - .bash_profile ? There is no file like .bash_login or .bash_tshrc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Enterprise RED HAT Linux

The Adobe Flash Player does not work in my Enterprise Red Hat Linux. It instructs me to download the Flash Player which I have done. However, it does not install. Do I have a GUI in Red Hat that I can use or do I have to do it via command line. Would appreciate any help. Thanks, Anil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
cconsole(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      cconsole(1M)

NAME
cconsole , crlogin, cssh, ctelnet - multi window, multi machine, remote console, login, ssh, and telnet commands SYNOPSIS
$CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cconsole [-s] [ -l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/crlogin [-l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cssh [-l username] [-p ssh-port] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/ctelnet [clustername... | nodename...] DESCRIPTION
These utilities initiate a multiple window connection to a set of specified hosts. There are three variations: one that is specifically intended for remote console access while the others provide remote logins using rlogin, ssh, or telnet. Each utility starts a host window for each of the specified hosts, as well as a common window. Input directed into the common window is sent to each of these host windows. This tool is useful for system administration tasks that require similar things to be done on each of several hosts. For tasks that are identical on all hosts, typing in the common window sends the characters to all of the hosts. However, the host windows are normal terminal windows so they can also be used one at a time (by moving the mouse into one of them and typing directly into it) to perform host specific tasks. The common window also allows the user to select which hosts receive the characters typed in the common window, so only the specified hosts will receive input. These utilities use entries in two different databases, /etc/clusters and /etc/serialports. cconsole The cconsole command provides remote console access through the telnet command. All normal telnet escape characters are available to the user. See the telnet(1) man page for a complete listing of telnet escape characters. Because there are a few telnet escapes that are com- monly used, they are provided here as well. The escape character is Control-], specified below as ^]. ^] quit Quit the session. Analogous to ~. in tip and rlogin. ^] send brk Send a break signal to the remote system. This is what is needed to halt the Sun CPU. The normal key board sequence is "L1-A." crlogin The crlogin utility provides remote login through the rlogin command to multiple cluster nodes. cssh The cssh utility establishes Secure Shell connections directly to the cluster nodes through the ssh command. ctelnet The ctelnet utility is similar to cconsole except that the connection is directly over the Internet. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l username Specifies the user name for the ssh connection. This option is passed to the cconsole, crlogin, or cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The ctelnet utility ignores this option. If the -l option is not specified, the user name that launched the CCP is effective. -p ssh-port Specifies the Secure Shell port number to use. This option is passed to the cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The cconsole, crlogin, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option, If the -p option is not specified, the default port number 22 is used for secure connections. -s Specifies using Secure Shell connections to node consoles instead of telnet connections. This option is passed to the cconsole utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The crlogin, cssh, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option. If the -s option is not specified, the cconsole utility uses telnet connections to the consoles. To override the -s option, deselect the Use SSH checkbox in the Options menu of the cconsole graphical user interface (GUI). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of these utilities: CLUSTER_HOME Location of Sun Cluster System tools. Defaults to /opt/SUNWcluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWccon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), ssh(1), telnet(1), tip(1), ccp(1M), chosts(1M), cports(1M), clusters(4), serialports(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The standard set of X Window System command line arguments are accepted. Sun Cluster 3.2 8 Sep 2007 cconsole(1M)