Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: restore dump - help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers restore dump - help Post 38224 by oombera on Wednesday 9th of July 2003 02:19:21 PM
Old 07-09-2003
Just out of curiosity, what's the name of the dmp file? These files can be created for different reasons (such as a sytem crash).

The .dmp extension isn't like the .gz extension, so there's not gonna be a utility like gzip to remove the .dmp extension. What you do with the file now that you've unzipped though, I'm not sure. Where'd the file come from?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

restore mysql dump file in many remote servers?

Hi all, I want to restore DB file in many mysql servers, i already using script for sending the dumpfile in all servers, but it's just annoying if i have to restore the dumpfile in all servers, i want just execute 1 script, and will restore in all remote mysql servers. I make script but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Dump and restore command usage ??

Hi, I am using RHEL 4.0 I need to take backup of a directory and then restore it to some other location. For taking Backup of final directory, I am using this code: dump -0aj -f /home/vicky/final.dump /home/vicky/final/ Now, I am trying to restore this final.dump to some other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and restore problem

Hi all, having problem with dump & restore for cloning simple linux system. The command is : dump -0u -f /temp/var.dump /dev/sda5 But somehow the result displayed: ~~~~~~ dump: ACLs in inode #1250760 won't be dumped: Inappropriate ioctl for device dump: ACLs in inode #1250761 won't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mycoolwater
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restore a dump file on the disk

Hi all, i am a real dummy to unix and in need of help.My platform is Sun solaris(5.9) I have a dump file, an oracle cold backup taken with ufsdump command. This dump file resides on the disk, not the tape. I want to extract this dump file to a directory. But i cant, i read about ufsrestore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merope
1 Replies

6. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and Restore

I want to copy over the contents of one partition on hard drive A to another partition on hard drive B. Using DD command caused problems since it overwrote the partition information on hard drive B and made hard drive B's partition size the same as the one on partition A. Our department manager... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump/restore of a fs with 100 of millions hardlinks

Hi :-) i have a dump of a backupdisk (~540GB / ext3). The Backups have some 100 millions of hardlinks (backups are created with storeBackup). The OS is linux. A restore of a directory ended after some days with the errormessage "no memory to extend symbol table" The restore of the complete... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turricum
0 Replies

9. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies
jfs_logdump(8)						  JFS utility - journal log dump					    jfs_logdump(8)

NAME
jfs_logdump - dump a JFS formatted device's journal log SYNOPSIS
jfs_logdump [ -a ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_logdump dumps the contents of the journal log from the specified JFS formatted device into output file ./jfslog.dmp. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the journal log will be dumped (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). jfs_logdump must be run as root. OPTIONS
-a Dump the entire contents of the journal log instead of just the committed transactions since the last synch point. EXAMPLE
Dump the entire JFS journal log from the 3rd partition of the 2nd hard disk into ./jfslog.dmp: jfs_logdump -a /dev/hdb3 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_logdump, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_logdump error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_logdump is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_logdump(8)