Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Client
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP Client Post 3820 by coolmans on Wednesday 11th of July 2001 09:28:37 PM
Old 07-11-2001
Question FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp?

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin + XFree86 FTP Client

Does anyone know of a decent Darwin + XFree86 FT client package? Obviously a precompiled file is better than binary, but I'll take what I can get. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

3. Linux

ftp server/client buffers

Hi all, and again, I need help by you :-) I am using RH Advanced Server 2.1 with the defaukt wu-ftpd deamon. Now i want to tune the speed of my ftp transfers, but for this I need to increase the buffers for reading/writing from/to a filesystem and the sending/receiving buffers of the network.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

5. Solaris

A good ftp client

Can anyone please suggest a agood ftp client(GUI) which would support sftp ...on solaris. I badly need it. I keep doing the transfers frequently, and some of them are binary and I am not sure how I change the mode to binary. To avoid this and other hassles, it would help if i have a GUI client. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Download patches using FTP client

Hi all, I want to download patches using any FTP client by connecting to updates.oracle.com site on windows platform.Please advice me on this. I am using windows xp operating system Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dummy FTP Client!

We're just about to start testing a new server build. The application has many FTP/SFTP connections going to different servers. I'd like to temporarily replace the FTP/SFTP binaries with a mock version that will allow us to run all our production code as is, but will prevent the FTPs from actually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP client is hanging very rarely!

Hi, I have a script in which I am using ftp to transfer some files from remote -> local and vice versa, this scripts is invoked by cron. for your reference I am sharing the function also : ============================================= fn_FileTransfer_LocalToRemote() { set -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX FTP client

I am trying to transfer logs from Aix 6.1 to a linux appliance but it is not happening from last one month if i execute the batch command by command i can execute well but if i do it in shell script it is stuck without any error. Any one know how to generate a FTP client trace to know the issue... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ra8ul
10 Replies
ncftpls(1)						      General Commands Manual							ncftpls(1)

NAME
ncftpls - Internet file transfer program for scripts SYNOPSIS
ncftpls [options] ftp://url.style/host/path/name/ OPTIONS
Command line flags: -1 Most basic format, one item per line. -l Long list format. -R Long list format, recurse subdirectories. Equivalent to "-x -lR". -x -XX Additional ls flags to pass on to the server. -u XX Use username XX instead of anonymous. -p XX Use password XX with the username. -P XX Use port number XX instead of the default FTP service port (21). -d XX Use the file XX for debug logging. -t XX Timeout after XX seconds. -E Use regular (PORT) data connections. -F Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out. -r XX Redial a maximum of XX times until connected to the remote FTP server. -W XX Send raw FTP command XX after logging in. -X XX Send raw FTP command XX after each file transferred. -Y XX Send raw FTP command XX before logging out. The -W, -X, and -Y options are useful for advanced users who need to tweak behavior on some servers. For example, users accessing mainframes might need to send some special SITE commands to set blocksize and record format information. For these options, you can use them multiple times each if you need to send multiple commands. For the -X option, you can use the cookie %s to expand into the name of the file that was transferred. DESCRIPTION
The purpose of ncftpls is to do remote directory listings using the File Transfer Protocol without entering an interactive shell. This lets you write shell scripts or other unattended processes that can do FTP. The default behavior is to print the directory listing in columnized format (i.e. ls -CF), but that is not very useful for scripting. This example uses the -1 flag, to print one file per line: $ ncftpls -1 ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ You can also do a remote "ls -l", by using "ncftpls -l". If you want to try other flags, you have to use them with the -x flag. For exam- ple, if you wanted to do a remote "ls -lrt", you could do this: $ ncftpls -x "-lrt" ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ By default the program tries to open the remote host and login anonymously, but you can specify a username and password information like you can with ncftpget or ncftpput. DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpls returns the following exit values: 0 Success. 1 Could not connect to remote host. 2 Could not connect to remote host - timed out. 3 Transfer failed. 4 Transfer failed - timed out. 5 Directory change failed. 6 Directory change failed - timed out. 7 Malformed URL. 8 Usage error. 9 Error in login configuration file. 10 Library initialization failed. 11 Session initialization failed. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (mgleason@ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1), ncftp(1), ftp(1), rcp(1), tftp(1). LibNcFTP (http://www.ncftp.com/libncftp/). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWncftp | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for ncftp is available on http://opensolaris.org. Software NcFTP ncftpls(1)