Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Set Mime type to mailx Post 38170 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 8th of July 2003 11:17:51 AM
Old 07-08-2003
looks like you should post the code your useing in solaris and linux.

also what mailer daemon you use.

cat <filename>| uuencode <attachment name> | mailx -s "Subject" <user to email>

Last edited by Optimus_P; 07-08-2003 at 12:29 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lynx - Downloading - extension handling - changing mime type?

Using Lynx, when I try to download a .rar, it confirms I want to download and its got it as an appication/rar file. However, split archives that end in .r## (.r00, .r01 ...) are not recognized as an appication/rar file and it reads the file like a .txt or .html. How can I fix this? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yitzle
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving File's Mime-type

Alright, so I am trying to use perl (or any other shell scripting language, awk/sed/bash for instance), to retrieve the mime-type of a file. I want to keep it in one file, and most of the modules that are on cpan that check for mime types (Magic), aren't installed on these boxes. Anyone have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
2 Replies

3. Solaris

set dir in zone fs type

Hi all, what is the meaning and what all value we can pass to set dir= in zone fs type when we are configuring whole-root zone? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

4. Programming

How to set DNS lookup type for getaddrinfo()?

Hi there, I'm trying to do an MX type lookup using getaddrinfo(), but I can't work out how to change the lookup type to MX from the standard A - can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks very much John G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnGraham
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx to set priorities

Hi, can we set priority to mails which I have sent using mailx? Is there any options in mailx for that? I am receiving mails on Microsoft Outlook (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to set ' and " as a non quotes type in bash?

Howdy, I got a script that adds a esc char before all chars interpeted by bash shell but I wan't other solution. Is there a way to set ' and " as a non quotes type in bash (some local variable)? Have found that scsh is a non-quoting type shell but after reading Why I don't use scsh as a scripting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johny_be_good
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MIME Type detection for Net::SMTP

I've spent a good two weeks on trying to figure out a proper way to get the mime type of a file. The "file" command on the Sparc machine I'm working on is an older version and does not support the --mime flag. It outputs things like: somefile.pdf: Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) v1.5 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

MIME type for sending gzip file as attachment in email

Hello, I am trying to send a gzip file on email using below command but the zipped file received on email is corrupt. mailsend -smtp $smtpip -content-type 'application/x-gzip' -mime-type "application/x-gzip" -t $receiver -f $sender -sub "$subject" -M "$MSG" -attach $file file name is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar.modgil
1 Replies
uuencode(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data					       uuencode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uuencode - UU-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require uuencode ?1.1.4? ::uuencode::encode string ::uuencode::decode string ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the uuencode(1) and uudecode(1) commands. This encoding packs binary data into printable ASCII characters. ::uuencode::encode string returns the uuencoded data. This will encode all the data passed in even if this is longer than the uuencode maximum line length. If the number of input bytes is not a multiple of 3 then additional 0 bytes are added to pad the string. ::uuencode::decode string Decodes the given encoded data. This will return any padding characters as well and it is the callers responsibility to deal with handling the actual length of the encoded data. (see uuencode). ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) UUDecode a file or block of data. A file may contain more than one embedded file so the result is a list where each element is a three element list of filename, mode value and data. OPTIONS
-filename name Cause the uuencode or uudecode commands to read their data from the named file rather that taking a string parameter. -name string The uuencoded data header line contains the suggested file name to be used when unpacking the data. Use this option to change this from the default of "data.dat". -mode octal The uuencoded data header line contains a suggested permissions bit pattern expressed as an octal string. To change the default of 0644 you can set this option. For instance, 0755 would be suitable for an executable. See chmod(1). EXAMPLES
% set d [uuencode::encode "Hello World!"] 2&5L;&\@5V]R;&0A % uuencode::uudecode $d Hello World! % set d [uuencode::uuencode -name hello.txt "Hello World"] begin 644 hello.txt +2&5L;&@5V]R;&0` ` end % uuencode::uudecode $d {hello.txt 644 {Hello World}} BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
encoding, uuencode CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts base64 1.1.4 uuencode(n)