Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable the `rm -f ` command
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disable the `rm -f ` command Post 38153 by kamil on Tuesday 8th of July 2003 07:18:24 AM
Old 07-08-2003
Disable the `rm -f ` command

I did what you told me to do.
I put the rm 'rm -i' line into the .cshrc exit the user renter again and it didn't help.

i ru the command rm -f filenam and it has been removed without asking if i am sure.
??
so its not working.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

OBP command to enable/disable a processor

Hello experts.. How can i enable or disable a processor from OBP(OK prompt)? Thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to disable su command without the "-"

hello all i need to disable the su without "-" with another meaning i need to force executing of the .profile when using su command any ideas ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable backslash in command line

Dear I have one problem in SCO Unix command line. I want to disable execution of commands with backslash. For example - if the user executes the following command \exec_script Here - i want the system should NOT execute this command. Can any one give me a suitable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu62
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to disable options from a command

Hi, I am working on a Linux machine. I need to disable 2 options from the available 6 options of a command. For eg. in the "ls" command we have various options like "l ,r, t, a, .... " From this, I need to disable option "a" So when the users type in "ls -a", they should get an error or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Disable / mute microphone from command line

Googling suggested "osascript -e 'set volume 0' " but that doesn't work. I know I'd found this before... some command-line utility that had something to do with audio, mixers, whatever, but I forgot to keep it somewhere I could find it. I did find references to writing an AppleScript app, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies

9. AIX

Disable a command

I need to disable a command. For example - disabling "ls" means that when someone type "ls" - nothing happens . Somebody help ???? :confused::confused::confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Not able to disable finger & telnet command in Solaris 8

Hi I need to disable finger & telnet command in solaris 8 I have put the # infront of finger and telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf file. Further I have run the below command kill -1 <process id of inetd > But when I am running finger command it is till giving information for remote machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies
faxq-helper(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual						    faxq-helper(1)

NAME
faxq-helper - privileged helper process to access the fax queue SYNOPSIS
faxq-helper <command> [<options>] DESCRIPTION
faxq-helper is part of the internal workings of faxspool(1). Formerly, the /var/spool/fax/outgoing directory was world-writeable, leading to all sort of funny symlink attacks against faxspool(1) and faxrunq(8). These days, it's owned by the user ``fax'', and only this user can write to it. To be able to put jobs there, faxspool(1) calls faxq- helper for very clearly defined purposes: - make a new queue directory - put a new fax G3 file into this queue directory - put a JOB file into this queue directory, and activate the fax job and possibly: - remove a fax job from the queue (to be used by faxrm and in case of errors) - re-queue a job that has been suspended due to repeated failures (faxq -r) To achieve this, faxq-helper is installed set-user-id fax. If you remove the suid bit, or chown the fax queue directory to a different user, it will stop working. RETURN VALUES
faxq-helper has the following exit() values: 0 everything went fine 1 invalid JOB ID specified on the command line 2 some problem with the directory setup of the outgoing queue dir, /var/spool/fax/outgoing (it will print a detailed error message) 3 some problems with the user ID setup of the ``fax'' user (it will print a detailed error message) 10 failure to process the specified command (it will print a detailed error message) SEE ALSO
faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxrm(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxq-helper is Copyright (C) 2004-2006 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 18 Feb 06 faxq-helper(1)