Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Abort core dumped!!!!
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Abort core dumped!!!! Post 38089 by zing on Monday 7th of July 2003 05:14:48 AM
Old 07-07-2003
Data Abort core dumped!!!!

HI All,

I am working on Solaris 8, i have this application runing on one of the partitions,(the installation was done here ie /export/home)

And the out put of this goes to another parition of other disk attached to the same machine. After a certain period of time is get this error stating "Abort core dumped". When i checked the core file the message read as "swapfile only valid if -k".

What could be the problem. Is it that the partitin on which the files are getting created is not mounted with proper options(cos earlier also i have ran the application with equal amount of data but then the output was on the same partition and also i had unmounted the parition whcih is storing the output now and mounted it back again).

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello To All! Now anfd then I receive a message on my console: Segmentation fault (core dumped) What does it mean? Or more precisely what are the implications? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

core dumped

what is segmentation core dumped? how should i respond? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus Error Core Dumped

I faced following problem while restoring root backup Server : Compaq Proliant 6000 OS SCO : Unixware 7.0 #tar - xvf /dev/rmt/ctape1 After extracting some files following error message occurred and process stopped # BUS ERROR CORE DUMPED What may be the problem? How to avoid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j1yant
1 Replies

4. Programming

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

what r the situations to receive an error msg like the one below Segmentation Fault (core dumped) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

5. BSD

stack overflow in function psync_status Abort (core dumped)

I am running Open BSD 3.8 (3.5 upgrade) on a Pent Pro. 200, 64 Megs Ram, Nvedia Vanta TNT 16 Megs, Realtech 8139 Nic. When running ifconfig -a I get this error back. I've run searches on google no deal. I can get Stack overflow or psync, but not both. So I would really like to know how to fix it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcpreach
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

examine core file after abort()

I'm running Red Hat Linux 2.6.7 on a x86_64 box. I have a core file from a program that called abort(). Does anyone here know how can I get a backtrace? (Re-creating the error with svd running inside gdb has proved impossible). % gdb svd core.25223 GNU gdb Red Hat Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svact
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory Fault - Core Dumped

I use SCO UNIX 5.07 on a Compaq Proliant Machine. Each time I press the Escape or Delete key while running a program or issuing a FoxBase+ command from the dot prompt, I receive the error message: "Memory Fault - Core Dumped" and the screen locks up immediately. I would appreciate if necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayuz
0 Replies

8. Programming

Memory Fault,Core dumped

I have written a code in UNIX which is complied by using g++. Compling with turbo C didnt yield any errors, but with g++ I am getting Memory fault, core dumped. Could anyone help me out with this? Given below is the code: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> #include<stdlib.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshell
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

i am getting Segmentation Fault (core dumped) on solaris, but when i run the same program with same input on linux it runs successfully. How can i trace the fault in program on solaris. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
6 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

(core dumped) | gjar

hello, when i make gcc 4.4.2 i get this message find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class' -print | \ gjar -cfM@ $here/libgcj-4.4.2.jar /bin/sh: line 2: 32730 Done find gnu java javax org sun -name .svn -prune -o -name '*.class'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleppos
2 Replies
FSTAB(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  FSTAB(5)

NAME
fstab -- static information about the filesystems SYNOPSIS
#include <fstab.h> DESCRIPTION
The file fstab contains descriptive information about the various file systems. fstab is only read by programs, and not written; it is the duty of the system administrator to properly create and maintain this file. Each filesystem is described on a separate line; fields on each line are separated by tabs or spaces. The order of records in fstab is important because diskarbitrationd(8), fsck(8), mount(8), and umount(8) sequentially iterate through fstab doing their thing. The first field, (fs_spec), describes the block special device, the local filesystem, or the remote filesystem to be mounted. The diskarbitrationd program supports the identification of a local filesystem uniquely by its UUID or by its volume name, irrespective of hard- ware configuration and of hardware parallelism, using the constructs ``UUID'' and ``LABEL''. The second field, (fs_file), describes the mount point for the filesystem. For swap partitions, this field should be specified as ``none''. The third field, (fs_vfstype), describes the type of the filesystem. The system currently supports different filesystem types, including the following: hfs HFS+ is the Mac OS X default filesystem. nfs a Sun Microsystems compatible ``Network File System'' msdos a DOS compatible filesystem cd9660 a CD-ROM filesystem (as per ISO 9660) fdesc an implementation of /dev/fd union a translucent filesystem The fourth field, (fs_mntops), describes the mount options associated with the filesystem. It is formatted as a comma separated list of options. It contains at least the type of mount (see fs_type below) plus any additional options appropriate to the filesystem type. The option ``auto'' can be used in the ``noauto'' form to cause a file system not to be mounted automatically (with ``mount -a'', or system boot time). The type of the mount is extracted from the fs_mntops field and stored separately in the fs_type field (it is not deleted from the fs_mntops field). If fs_type is ``rw'' or ``ro'' then the filesystem whose name is given in the fs_file field is normally mounted read-write or read- only on the specified special file. If fs_type is ``sw'' then the special file is made available as a piece of swap space by the swapon(8) command at the end of the system reboot procedure. The fields other than fs_spec and fs_type are unused. If fs_type is specified as ``xx'' the entry is ignored. This is useful to show disk partitions which are currently unused. The fifth field, (fs_freq), is used for these filesystems by the dump(8) command to determine which filesystems need to be dumped. If the fifth field is not present, a value of zero is returned and dump will assume that the filesystem does not need to be dumped. The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8) program to determine the order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time. The root filesystem should be specified with a fs_passno of 1, and other filesystems should have a fs_passno of 2. Filesystems within a drive will be checked sequentially, but filesystems on different drives will be checked at the same time to utilize parallelism available in the hardware. If the sixth field is not present or zero, a value of zero is returned and fsck will assume that the filesystem does not need to be checked. #define FSTAB_RW "rw" /* read-write device */ #define FSTAB_RO "ro" /* read-only device */ #define FSTAB_SW "sw" /* swap device */ #define FSTAB_XX "xx" /* ignore totally */ struct fstab { char *fs_spec; /* block special device name */ char *fs_file; /* filesystem path prefix */ char *fs_vfstype; /* type of filesystem */ char *fs_mntops; /* comma separated mount options */ char *fs_type; /* rw, ro, sw, or xx */ int fs_freq; /* dump frequency, in days */ int fs_passno; /* pass number on parallel fsck */ }; The proper way to read records from fstab is to use the routines getfsent(3), getfsspec(3), getfstype(3), and getfsfile(3). EXAMPLES
UUID=DF000C7E-AE0C-3B15-B730-DFD2EF15CB91 /export hfs ro UUID=FAB060E9-79F7-33FF-BE85-E1D3ABD3EDEA none hfs rw,noauto LABEL=The40Volume40Name40Is40This none msdos ro FILES
/etc/fstab The file fstab resides in /etc. SEE ALSO
getfsent(3), diskarbitrationd(8) HISTORY
The fstab file format appeared in 4.0BSD. Darwin March 28, 2002 Darwin