Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in sed script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help in sed script Post 38028 by oombera on Friday 4th of July 2003 01:38:31 AM
Old 07-04-2003
Okay, but most of the time a log is the same set of information written to a file, such as

06 30 2003 Data Data Data
07 01 2003 Data Data Data
07 02 2003 Data Data Data

What you've posted looks more like screen output.. the version of SQL you're using.. the SQL> prompt..

If that is what's being written to your log, how do you know what day that entry is for? Because you need to know that day in order to determine how old the entry is and delete it from the log..

Are you saying that the entry you included here is from Thu Feb 27 19:20:00 2003 ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script maybe?

I have a lot of script files that were created by Extract in a dir that no longer exists. Now that I have to run these scripts they 'all' have to be changed. I'm looking for a way to do a 'mass' change if possible. So far, I've dumped all of the script file names to a file and sorted them to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOlli
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script

/\/\*/!b :x /\*\//!{ N bx } s/\/\*.*\*\/// This scipt should remove c like commnets /**/ i know what de last line does but i dont't know what the first lines do Can anyone explain please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clauchiorean
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in a script

I am trying to run a sed command within a script to edit a file. I am trying to put the value of MYUSER into the sshd_config file. Instead of putting the value of the variable, MYUSER, it puts in the string ${MYUSER}. Anyone know a good solution to this? cat ${SSHD_CONFIG} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike_the_Man
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script

how to convert the follow sed script file into a command line ? example: /^\.TS/,/^\.TE/{ /^$/p } I have tried the below but it is not working: # sed -n "/^\.TS/,/^\.TE/{/^$/p}" file file: 111 .TS 222 $333 << extract this line 444 .TE 555 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed script

:rolleyes: I have a series of folders /temp/a /temp/b /temp/c In folders a, b, and c, I have files a1.txt..........a20.txt b1.txt..........b40.txt & c1.txt..........c60.txt Each file has the same data format :- Line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinder182533
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in script

I'm trying to write a simple script that replaces a string. The script works for uninterrupted strings, but as soon as sed encounters a space it stops reading the new string. I've tried double quotations in sed and backslashes before the $, however these don't work. Below is the script. Any help... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsell002
9 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sed script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a sed script that will display a list of all users in the /etc/passwd file that belong to the group... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakers34kb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script

I am beginner for Unix. I practicing unix shell script. I worked out some sed script example from internet. Everything fine. But in real unix environment, where sed script is mainly used.? Can anyone give some examples for the usage of sed script in real unix environment. It will be useful for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED script

Hi , i am stuck in this simple script. #!/bin/ksh echo "enter the file name" read flname echo "enter version" read ver grep $flname /home/con/snsc/perl/map > flplist dirname `cat flplist` | sed 's/\/so${vers}\//\/so${vers}_xyz\//' > dirlist the map file is basically a list of file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu182
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script help

I am having a file as stated below : File 1: ########################## idnd a integer 2; list 1 ; list2 ; chip top alist( .a(1) , .b(2) , .c(3) , .d(1) , .e(7) , .n(80), .d(1) , .g(7) , .n(80), .f(1) , .e(7) , .m(80)); lis 7 nfj ; jdjd kn; jsjd l ; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
4 Replies
Data::AMF(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Data::AMF(3pm)

NAME
Data::AMF - serialize / deserialize AMF data SYNOPSIS
use Data::AMF; my $amf0 = Data::AMF->new( version => 0 ); my $amf3 = Data::AMF->new( version => 3 ); # AMF0 to Perl Object my $obj = $amf0->deserialize($data); # Perl Object to AMF0 my $data = $amf0->serialize($obj); DESCRIPTION
This module is (de)serializer for Adobe's AMF (Action Message Format). Data::AMF is core module and it recognize only AMF data, not AMF packet. If you want to read/write AMF Packet, see Data::AMF::Packet instead. SEE ALSO
Data::AMF::Packet, Catalyst::Controller::FlashRemoting NOTICE
Data::AMF is currently in a very early alpha development stage. The current version is not support AMF3, and application interface is still fluid. METHOD
new(%option) Create Data::AMF object. Option parameters are: version Target AMF version. It should be 0 or 3. (default 0 for AMF0) serialize($obj) Serialize perl object ($obj) to AMF, and return the AMF data. deserialize($amf) Deserialize AMF data to perl object, and return the perl object. AUTHOR
Daisuke Murase <typester@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.12.4 2010-08-31 Data::AMF(3pm)