Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Access FreeBSD (BSD) partition from Windows NT/2000/XP Post 38005 by Aoidas on Thursday 3rd of July 2003 04:57:02 PM
Old 07-03-2003
Question Access FreeBSD (BSD) partition from Windows NT/2000/XP

Hello,
I have already installed FreeBSD into my hard disk.
In one partition I have Windows 2000, and on another FreeBSD. I can access Windows partition from FreeBSD, but is there any way to access FreeBSD partition from Windows?
I know how to access Linux (ext/ext2) partition from Win, there is some little apps, but I didin`t find any program to access FreeBSD partition (searched with Google and on this Forum).
So did you know any way to do this?
I would be verry thankful if you would answer my question. :-)

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd and win 2000 working 2gether?

Hi Brothers, Please, I've just purchased a new PC and I would like to have both win 2000 and freebsd in the same hard drive, ( 40GB and 128Mb ) can you please help how to set up my new hard drive , please! Thank you..... aka Polymorphous (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Polymorphous
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote access from Windows 2000 into Solaris 8

All, I am looking for the easiest solution that will let me remote access from a Windows 2000 client into a Solaris 8 server. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
3 Replies
DISKTAB(5)							File Formats Manual							DISKTAB(5)

NAME
disktab - disk description file SYNOPSIS
#include <disktab.h> DESCRIPTION
Disktab is a simple date base which describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics. The format is patterned after the term- cap(5) terminal data base. Entries in disktab consist of a number of `:' separated fields. The first entry for each disk gives the names which are known for the disk, separated by `|' characters. The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk. The following list indicates the normal values stored for each disk entry. Name Type Description ns num Number of sectors per track nt num Number of tracks per cylinder nc num Total number of cylinders on the disk b0 str Filename of block zero primary bootstrap for device ba num Block size for partition `a' (bytes) bd num Block size for partition `d' (bytes) be num Block size for partition `e' (bytes) bf num Block size for partition `f' (bytes) bg num Block size for partition `g' (bytes) bh num Block size for partition `h' (bytes) fa num Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes) fd num Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes) fe num Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes) ff num Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes) fg num Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes) fh num Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes) pa num Size of partition `a' in sectors pb num Size of partition `b' in sectors pc num Size of partition `c' in sectors pd num Size of partition `d' in sectors pe num Size of partition `e' in sectors pf num Size of partition `f' in sectors pg num Size of partition `g' in sectors ph num Size of partition `h' in sectors se num Sector size in bytes (default 512) sf bool supports bad144-style bad sector forwarding so bool partition offsets in sectors ty str Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester) Disktab entries may be automatically generated with the diskpart program. FILES
/etc/disktab SEE ALSO
newfs(8), diskpart(8), getdiskbyname(3) BUGS
This file shouldn't exist, the information should be stored on each disk pack. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 17, 1986 DISKTAB(5)