Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Asking on taking in and out paramter Post 37990 by blueberry80 on Thursday 3rd of July 2003 10:47:15 AM
Old 07-03-2003
Question Asking on taking in and out paramter

Hi , as i'm doing a .sh script that uses $datafile variable to spool my value into another .sh script. How do i spool out my maybe another value from my second script file back to my first .sh script???
What does this exit $? mean?

Thanks a lot!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing input paramter in a script

Hi folks I am having a little trouble in parsing a variable read into a ksh script I have a bunch of variables passed into script test.ksh HOST SERVER JOB1 JOB2 JOB3 JOB4 JOB5 What I want to do is read all the $JOB variables ($JOB1, $JOB2, $JOB3) into a variable and then read that variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anubhav
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

making sure a command line paramter is a number

i need to make sure that a command line paramter is with in a certin set of numbers and i dont know how todo it with out checking individual numbers. if test $1 -eq (need something here) then echo hi fi like if i put individual numbers in there it works fine but how do i do a range (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking a name out of $PATH

so here is my path: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/a:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin how would I remove only the "a" or name string within it? any help appreciated (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To pass the .sql file as a paramter to sqlplus through shell programming

Hi, Currently i have a .sql file 1.sql. I need to pass that as a parameter through a shell script to the sqlplus inside the same shell script. How I should I do.can anyone help me pls. I have an req where I need to send the .sql file and the place where the script has to create a .csv... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED taking too much time

Hi I am trying to remove some characters from my data file. The data file has huge number of records say 90000 records. I am using sed for this purpose. eg : cat FILENAME|sed 's/;//g' (to remove semi colon ';') However as the data file is too huge , it is taking too much time to give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking one input at a time

Legends, Please help me to come out of the below Bermuda triangle. I have four inputs in a shell script: A B C D Now, If A is passed by user then, B C D will be ignored. If C is passed by user, then A B D will be ignored. Regards, Sandy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value to a paramter

Howdy folks, Im trying to assign the output of awk to a parameter.But it is not working.Need your input guys. while read line do WInstname = `awk -F"Iname -" '{print $2}'` done < input.txt input.txt Iname - 123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking Screenshots With the Terminal

Hi, So this is kind of a bizarre request: Is there a way I can get the Terminal to take 30 successive screenshot images over the course of 2 seconds? I figure you can do almost anything through the terminal, so I'm hoping this is possible, too. Truthfully, I don't know that much about Unix,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TranscendArcus
1 Replies
POLLRCVD(8C)															      POLLRCVD(8C)

NAME
pollrcvd - HylaFAX script for delivering facsimile received by polling SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/fax/bin/pollrcvd mailaddr faxfile devid commid error-msg DESCRIPTION
bin/pollrcvd is the command script invoked by the HylaFAX server whenever a facsimile is received as a result of a polling operation. The default script uses electronic mail to deliver the facsimile to the user that submitted the poll request, and can be controlled by editing the etc/PollDispatch shell script in the spooling area that is sourced by pollrcvd when it runs. The arguments are: mailaddr the electronic mail address of the user that submitted the poll request. faxfile the pathname of the received TIFF file relative to the root of the spooling hierarchy. commid The communication identifier associated with the call (used to include a transcript when an error occurs). devid the modem device on which the document was received. error-msg an error message that is non-null if an error was encountered during the receive operation. NOTES
The default script delivers facsimile as PostScript wrapped in MIME. FILES
/var/spool/fax spooling area /usr/sbin/faxinfo for printing information about the facsimile /usr/bin/fax2ps for converting TIFF to PostScript /usr/sbin/sendmail for delivering mail SEE ALSO
faxq(8C), hylafax-server(5F), recvq(5F) May 12, 1996 POLLRCVD(8C)