Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PHP: problem with index.php
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PHP: problem with index.php Post 37942 by oombera on Wednesday 2nd of July 2003 03:30:06 PM
Old 07-02-2003
Maybe this will show a more specific error?

Replace

$result = mysql_query($sql, $conn);

with

$result = mysql_query($sql, $conn) or die(mysql_error());

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

PHP problem

Hi frnds I installed phpmyadmin for OTRS but when ever i tried to open the phpMyAdmin-2.6.2/index.php page i m getting the following error " urldecode the db name if (isset($lightm_db)) { // no longer urlencoded because of html entities in the db name // $db =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
8 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Index problem with awk

Hello, I have this code: #!/bin/sh awk -v val="........." 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=" ";c=0} NR==FNR&&d==0{a=$0; c++;next} FNR==(NR-c){b=val;next} {if(1234 in a){print "okay"}} {print $1}' listi fpr.11 grn that is working (awk find the value in the table "a" and return "okay" followed by 1234) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
2 Replies

4. Web Development

I can't open my index.php page after insert php code

Hello guys, Does anyone can help me? I've just made my simple index.php without any code, but after insert session code to check if any user is authenticated, my index.php doesn't work anymore. Any fresh eyes could help me to see what and where the code is wrong? <? if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalfreakbr
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running multiple php scripts into one php only, cron mail alert problem...

hi, while separated they produce the usual mail alert and i can see the output... if i write into the php script: <?php system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script1.php'); system('php -f /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/folder/script2.php'); system('php -f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Update php 4.3 RPM to php 5.3.3 php

Dear All, My redhat version is: # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4) # # uname -a Linux cotapplication3.cot.com 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux # I want to update my php from: # php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running php index.php as shell in webpage

so i have a bit of a unique situation. i have an encrypted index.php file that that can't be run the normal way that a web browser would run it. if it is run the normal way, the php script will show only gibberish on the web browser, instead of the actual php code. when run from the command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
MYSQL_RESULT(3) 							 1							   MYSQL_RESULT(3)

mysql_result - Get result data

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_data_seek(3) in conjunction with mysqli_field_seek(3) and mysqli_fetch_field(3) o PDOStatement::fetchColumn string mysql_result (resource $result, int $row, [mixed $field]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the contents of one cell from a MySQL result set. When working on large result sets, you should consider using one of the functions that fetch an entire row (specified below). As these functions return the contents of multiple cells in one function call, they're MUCH quicker than mysql_result(3). Also, note that specifying a numeric offset for the field argument is much quicker than specifying a fieldname or tablename.fieldname argument. o $ result -The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mysql_query(3). o $row - The row number from the result that's being retrieved. Row numbers start at 0. o $field - The name or offset of the field being retrieved. It can be the field's offset, the field's name, or the field's table dot field name (tablename.fieldname). If the column name has been aliased ('select foo as bar from...'), use the alias instead of the column name. If undefined, the first field is retrieved. The contents of one cell from a MySQL result set on success, or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_result(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } if (!mysql_select_db('database_name')) { die('Could not select database: ' . mysql_error()); } $result = mysql_query('SELECT name FROM work.employee'); if (!$result) { die('Could not query:' . mysql_error()); } echo mysql_result($result, 2); // outputs third employee's name mysql_close($link); ?> Note Calls to mysql_result(3) should not be mixed with calls to other functions that deal with the result set. mysql_fetch_row(3), mysql_fetch_array(3), mysql_fetch_assoc(3), mysql_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_RESULT(3)