Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: increase size of /tmp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers increase size of /tmp Post 37934 by pkappaz on Wednesday 2nd of July 2003 11:30:42 AM
Old 07-02-2003
increase size of /tmp

My /tmp is full, and the oracle installation is crashing. How can I increase the size of /tmp, even though I have allocated all the available disk space to other partitions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Increase size of /tmp swap File

Hi Guys I need to increase the size of my /tmp swap file. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks Carson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmackin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extend /tmp size?

Dear all, I wanna to extend my /tmp size. I deleted the all files of /tmp but it still shows there's no more space on it. The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 5). # df /tmp/ -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase process size ???

Hi All, Could anybody tell me how to increase/decrease a process size in UNIX HP machine ? Whether the process size limitation will cause core dump ? Thanks, Rohit.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronix007
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Increase /tmp size temporarily

Hi all system Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86 ufs file system I would like to install SunStudio. After the gui comes up it shows that i need to add swap space of at least 900m. the command swap-s shows 880m free. My question is can you temporarily increase swap by 1 or 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kc2dws
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap size increase

Dear All, How to increase the swap size when physicall memory reaches 60 %. OR it can be only done after the physicall memory is full. Rgds Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

8. Solaris

/tmp size is less whereas size allocated to swap is more

Hi, the /tmp size is less whereas the size allocated to swap is quite big. how to increase the size of /tmp - #: swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d20 85,20 8 273096 273096 #: swap -s total: 46875128k bytes allocated + 2347188k reserved =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psb74
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to use space in /tmp to increase root?

Hello All, I have solaris server running, uname -a SunOS host 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 8.7G 1.0G 90% / /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s3 4.3G 7.7M 4.2G ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
17 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase /tmp file system size dynamically in Solaris zone

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of /tmp file system from 512m to 1024m dynamically without reboot in solaris zone # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on zones/zone1 11G 1.0G 10.0G 10% / /dev 11G 1.0G ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies
UNBUFFER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       UNBUFFER(1)

NAME
unbuffer - unbuffer output SYNOPSIS
unbuffer program [ args ] INTRODUCTION
unbuffer disables the output buffering that occurs when program output is redirected from non-interactive programs. For example, suppose you are watching the output from a fifo by running it through od and then more. od -c /tmp/fifo | more You will not see anything until a full page of output has been produced. You can disable this automatic buffering as follows: unbuffer od -c /tmp/fifo | more Normally, unbuffer does not read from stdin. This simplifies use of unbuffer in some situations. To use unbuffer in a pipeline, use the -p flag. Example: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 CAVEATS
unbuffer -p may appear to work incorrectly if a process feeding input to unbuffer exits. Consider: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 If process1 exits, process2 may not yet have finished. It is impossible for unbuffer to know long to wait for process2 and process2 may not ever finish, for example, if it is a filter. For expediency, unbuffer simply exits when it encounters an EOF from either its input or process2. In order to have a version of unbuffer that worked in all situations, an oracle would be necessary. If you want an application-specific solution, workarounds or hand-coded Expect may be more suitable. For example, the following example shows how to allow grep to finish pro- cessing when the cat before it finishes first. Using cat to feed grep would never require unbuffer in real life. It is merely a place- holder for some imaginary process that may or may not finish. Similarly, the final cat at the end of the pipeline is also a placeholder for another process. $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | unbuffer grep abc | cat $ (cat /tmp/abcdef.log ; sleep 1) | unbuffer grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ BUGS
The man page is longer than the program. SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 1 June 1994 UNBUFFER(1)