Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP on Redhat Linux 9
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP on Redhat Linux 9 Post 37893 by Spetnik on Tuesday 1st of July 2003 03:13:34 PM
Old 07-01-2003
FTP on Redhat Linux 9

Anyone know how to get FTP up and running on a fresh install of RedHat Linux 9?

Thanx,
Aaron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat linux 7.3

hi, just installed redhat linux 7.3 on my server, and put it in gnome gui. Does anyone know what software i need to run a web server??? and what software i need to set up a proxy to secure it? also, if these are free to download, can you give me the links. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

RedHat Linux Cd

I am wondering if anyone has copies (or can burn me a copy) of RedHat Linux. I will pay shipping charges... I don't have a CD burner and i dont want to run it off of my hard drive... please email me at: empireinfo623@yahoo.com or baldwitm@muc.edu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedude623
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux RedHat. Help please.

I from russia. install rus Linux RedHat. When i load linux it ask me for user name and pass... and up of ask form label: Welcome to localhost... dont remember... what i want write in it? (sorry, bad english..:( ).. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sen
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Redhat Linux?

Hi, I use linux and it is a great OS, I use Redhat Linux 9 and I was wondering are they going to update 9 or they'll be leaving that to the fedora project? I would like a stable linux distro. Thanks -n (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
9 Replies

5. Linux

Ftp connection resfused Redhat Enterprice 3

Hello guys. I have a problem i'm a newbie with Redhat , in other word i dont know much about it. I just did a clean install and i'm trying to fto the box from a Xp computer , The error i'm getting is "ftp: connect : Unknown error number" O know that i need to edit some files ir... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat Linux?

I seen a pool that said Linux was the most popular Unix download. I then seen Redhat Linux is the most popular Linux download. Is there a difference? Is it the better program/s? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Pinky
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is FEDORA and REDHAT LINUX are same?

Hi friends, Is FEDORA and REDHAT LINUX are same? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Redhat Linux 5

Can anyone help me outwith the post installation script.I'm newbie to scripting! i need to customize the post installation script using kickstart..here are the requirements to be set set permissions /etc/crontab =400 /etc/securetty=400 /etc/sysctl.conf=600 and following services to be set OFF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvkumar
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Yum repository linking to ftp site of Redhat

I have a query that does Redhat have the link to the yum repository on its FTP site. In my environment, I have the file rhel-debuginfo.repo which has - baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo. I hope, my question is clear that is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies
MKLNIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MKLNIM(1)

NAME
mklnim - make Linux Netinstall Image SYNOPSIS
mklnim outputfile [path-to-cdrom] DESCRIPTION
mklnim is a shell script that takes a SuSE, TurboLinux or a RedHat CDROM, or equivalent disk directory, and creates a network bootable image (NBI) that can be used with Etherboot (http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/) or Netboot (http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot.html). This NBI, when booted via the network, will make the target computer behave just as if a CDROM boot (TurboLinux), or a floppy boot (RedHat and SuSE) had been selected. A conventional install can be done from this point onwards. There are several occasions when this technique is useful: 1. It can be used to quickly boot a target computer when the floppy loading is very slow. 2. In the case of TurboLinux, it loads the CDROM initial ramdisk which does not require any further floppy loading. In the case of RedHat, it only loads the floppy initial ramdisk which does not contain the material in the supplementary floppy, and may require more floppy insertion. 3. It can start the install from a floppy of any size, not just 1.4 MB, or even from a floppyless machine, if one has a boot ROM (providing no further floppy access is required). 4. It could be used as part of an automatic installation process. Naturally, all this assumes that the infrastructure for diskless booting (bootp and tftp servers) has been set up. BUGS
If supplementary floppies are required, this script doesn't include that material in the network boot image. Please feel welcome to fix this problem. SEE ALSO
Etherboot tutorial at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
mklnim is under the GNU Public License AUTHOR
Ken Yap (ken_yap@users.sourceforge.net) DATE
Version 0.4 April 2000 25 April 2000 MKLNIM(1)