Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling Errors -- Symbol referencing Post 3789 by spotanddot on Wednesday 11th of July 2001 01:18:17 PM
Old 07-11-2001
Thanks guys,

reddyb--
including -lnsl worked!!!!

Thanks again,
Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

Hello! I have some problems installing a program called “Jail Chroot Project”. http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~assman/jail/index.html I have only installed precompiled programs before and I get some kind of error message when im trying to compile this program. I have downloaded and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
2 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to SNX

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I try to do a build of a product. I dont have the dependencies of the binaries involved in the build and thats the reason I was not able to find which library to add or to proceed to the next step to solve the reference problem. Undefined ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryragland
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C++ Compiling error.. Symbol Reference

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator(unsigned int) const/var/tmp//cc9ACJBX.o std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator>><char,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjena
3 Replies

5. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am getting below error, any ideas to resolve it. 1:ts_n_tcp_cmp_row /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_ui_basic.so 1:ui_convert_date /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_fi_basic.so 1:ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

7. Programming

Hi, I'm trying to compile OpenTTD on Solaris 5.10. I do not have root permissions so I have to set the prefix-dir to /home/abcde/usr/local/opt/opentdd-0.6.3 I've used the following command to configure: bash ./configure --prefix-dir=/opt/openttd-0.6.2 --without-makedepend \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudolph
1 Replies

8. Programming

C++ ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.

Hello. I used to compile my code including a third-party library, "libfoo.so". Now, the vendor ships a statically linked library, "libfoo.a", instead. With this library, I run into the following error: CC -mt -xarch=v9 -DCOMPILE_SOL_SPARC -ftrap=%none -xlibmil -xchip=ultra2 -xbuiltin -xO4 \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
0 Replies

9. Programming

"Symbol referencing errors" On Socket programming

Dear all, I had the "Symbol referencing errors" while compiling a C socket code. It said "Undefined Symbol: socketpair", but I already copy the two head files (#include "types.h", #include "socket.h") into my current directory. Could anyone help me with it? Thanks. By the way, I'm using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beyondaymk
4 Replies

10. Programming

Symbol referencing errors

Undefined first referenced symbol in file logf /var/tmp//ccwztFsO.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out collect2: ld returned 1 exit status float exponC(float mean) { index1++;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: willji1234
1 Replies
MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)						   Games Manual 						  MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)

NAME
mog - Maze of Galious SYNOPSIS
mog DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mog command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mazeofgalious is a is a very adictive game where you have to kill thousands of enemies, collect items in order to obtain new powers, and defeat some really great guys at the end of each level. You are free to go everywhere you want from the beginning of the game, you have to choose very carefully the order in which you visit all the rooms in the huge map if you want to keep your character to stay alive. The map is structures in a main map (called the castle), and 10 submaps (called the worlds), initially you are in the castle, and you have to find the keys that open the doors to go to each of the worlds. To complete the game, you have to defeat the boss at the end of each one of the 10 worlds. You are free to revisit each world as often as you want, in order to see if you have missed something. To defeat all 10 beasts, you control two characters: Popolon and Aphrodite, and each one has special abilities, i.e. Popolon has a greater ability to jump and Aphrodite is able to dive. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). March 26, 2005 MAZEOFGALIOUS(6)