Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling Errors -- Symbol referencing Post 3787 by Neo on Wednesday 11th of July 2001 12:29:41 PM
Old 07-11-2001
No, it is not an endless circle, it is a straight line making sure that all the libraries are linked during the linking phase -- pretty much one of the core architecturals constructs of C programming. Finding all the libraries takes time if you have not used them before. After using them; it gets easier Smilie

Having said that, I am not sure which libs have the symbols you are missing in the sockets library. What version of UNIX are you working with and what is the compiler?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

Hello! I have some problems installing a program called “Jail Chroot Project”. http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~assman/jail/index.html I have only installed precompiled programs before and I get some kind of error message when im trying to compile this program. I have downloaded and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
2 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to SNX

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I try to do a build of a product. I dont have the dependencies of the binaries involved in the build and thats the reason I was not able to find which library to add or to proceed to the next step to solve the reference problem. Undefined ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryragland
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C++ Compiling error.. Symbol Reference

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator(unsigned int) const/var/tmp//cc9ACJBX.o std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator>><char,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjena
3 Replies

5. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am getting below error, any ideas to resolve it. 1:ts_n_tcp_cmp_row /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_ui_basic.so 1:ui_convert_date /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_fi_basic.so 1:ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

7. Programming

Hi, I'm trying to compile OpenTTD on Solaris 5.10. I do not have root permissions so I have to set the prefix-dir to /home/abcde/usr/local/opt/opentdd-0.6.3 I've used the following command to configure: bash ./configure --prefix-dir=/opt/openttd-0.6.2 --without-makedepend \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudolph
1 Replies

8. Programming

C++ ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.

Hello. I used to compile my code including a third-party library, "libfoo.so". Now, the vendor ships a statically linked library, "libfoo.a", instead. With this library, I run into the following error: CC -mt -xarch=v9 -DCOMPILE_SOL_SPARC -ftrap=%none -xlibmil -xchip=ultra2 -xbuiltin -xO4 \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
0 Replies

9. Programming

"Symbol referencing errors" On Socket programming

Dear all, I had the "Symbol referencing errors" while compiling a C socket code. It said "Undefined Symbol: socketpair", but I already copy the two head files (#include "types.h", #include "socket.h") into my current directory. Could anyone help me with it? Thanks. By the way, I'm using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beyondaymk
4 Replies

10. Programming

Symbol referencing errors

Undefined first referenced symbol in file logf /var/tmp//ccwztFsO.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out collect2: ld returned 1 exit status float exponC(float mean) { index1++;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: willji1234
1 Replies
XENO-CONFIG(1)							      Xenomai							    XENO-CONFIG(1)

NAME
xeno-config - Display Xenomai libraries configuration SYNOPSIS
xeno-config xeno-config --v | --verbose xeno-config --help xeno-config [--version] [--cc] [--arch] [--prefix] [--xeno-cflags] [--xeno-ldflags] [--posix-cflags] [--posix-ldflags] [--lib*-dir|--library-dir|--libdir|--user-libdir] DESCRIPTION
xeno-config is a script that is used to to display the compiler and linker flags that are required for building applications that use Xeno- mai. Any combination of options can be chosen (except --verbose and --help) to display configuration information, and options can be given in any order. The command output one line for each option, in the same order as the options. When xeno-config --verbose is executed, all configuration information is displayed in a different, more human-readable format. When xeno-config is executed without any options, the output is equivalent to than when executing xeno-config --verbose then xeno-config --help. OPTIONS
--v, --verbose Outputs all configuration information, in a human-readable format. --help Outputs the list of available command-line options. --version Outputs one line with the installed Xenomai version. --cc Outputs one line with the path to the C compiler command that was used to compiled Xenomai. --arch Outputs one line with the architecture to compile to, e.g. i386. May be different from the architecture of the currently running system, if cross-compiling. --prefix Outputs one line with the absolute path to the base Xenomai installation directory. --xeno-cflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to compile applications that use the Xenomai libraries. --xeno-ldflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to link applications against the Xenomai libraries. --posix-cflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to compile applications that use Xenomai's Posix-com- patible layer library. --posix-ldflags Outputs one line with the C compiler command-line options that are necessary to link applications against Xenomai's Posix-compatible layer library. --lib*-dir, --library-dir, --libdir, --user-libdir Outputs one line with the absolute path to Xenomai's libraries. In the --lib*-dir option name, the * is meant as a wildcard: --lib-dir, --libfoo-dir and --libbar-dir are all valid and synonymous options. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DESTDIR If the DESTDIR variable is set, its content is prepended to the Xenomai installed directories and files names output by the --prefix and --library-dir options, and to the Xenomai installation directories in the flags output by the --xeno-cflags, --xeno-ldflags, --posix-cflags, --posix-ldflags options. If DESTDIR was set when compiling and installing Xenomai, e.g. for cross-compilation, DESTDIR must be set to the same value before calling xeno-config, in order to output valid directory and file names. RETURN CODES
0 Successful script execution. 1 The --posix-ldflags option has been given but Posix support is not available in Xenomai; or an invalid argument has been given on the command-line. 2.6.0 2006-03-27 XENO-CONFIG(1)