Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling Errors -- Symbol referencing Post 3785 by Neo on Wednesday 11th of July 2001 11:28:35 AM
Old 07-11-2001
libftp.so needs the socket libaries. There was a thread recently with the same exact problem and the -lsocket or -lsock linker option was described. Sound like you need to link the socket libs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors

Hello! I have some problems installing a program called “Jail Chroot Project”. http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~assman/jail/index.html I have only installed precompiled programs before and I get some kind of error message when im trying to compile this program. I have downloaded and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
2 Replies

2. Programming

symbol referencing error

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)/var/tmp//ccTR std::cerr /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o std::cout /var/tmp//ccTRcjui.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suhasini
1 Replies

3. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to SNX

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I try to do a build of a product. I dont have the dependencies of the binaries involved in the build and thats the reason I was not able to find which library to add or to proceed to the next step to solve the reference problem. Undefined ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryragland
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C++ Compiling error.. Symbol Reference

Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::operator(unsigned int) const/var/tmp//cc9ACJBX.o std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator>><char,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjena
3 Replies

5. Programming

Symbol referencing error

Hey everyone, I can't figure out this symbol referencing error after looking at it for the longest time, and I figured some fresh eyes might be able to point something out I am overlooking. Undefined first referenced symbol in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromatz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I am getting below error, any ideas to resolve it. 1:ts_n_tcp_cmp_row /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_ui_basic.so 1:ui_convert_date /finder3/baseline/95s/ed/src/lib/libfinder_fi_basic.so 1:ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

7. Programming

Hi, I'm trying to compile OpenTTD on Solaris 5.10. I do not have root permissions so I have to set the prefix-dir to /home/abcde/usr/local/opt/opentdd-0.6.3 I've used the following command to configure: bash ./configure --prefix-dir=/opt/openttd-0.6.2 --without-makedepend \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudolph
1 Replies

8. Programming

C++ ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors.

Hello. I used to compile my code including a third-party library, "libfoo.so". Now, the vendor ships a statically linked library, "libfoo.a", instead. With this library, I run into the following error: CC -mt -xarch=v9 -DCOMPILE_SOL_SPARC -ftrap=%none -xlibmil -xchip=ultra2 -xbuiltin -xO4 \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
0 Replies

9. Programming

"Symbol referencing errors" On Socket programming

Dear all, I had the "Symbol referencing errors" while compiling a C socket code. It said "Undefined Symbol: socketpair", but I already copy the two head files (#include "types.h", #include "socket.h") into my current directory. Could anyone help me with it? Thanks. By the way, I'm using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beyondaymk
4 Replies

10. Programming

Symbol referencing errors

Undefined first referenced symbol in file logf /var/tmp//ccwztFsO.o ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to a.out collect2: ld returned 1 exit status float exponC(float mean) { index1++;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: willji1234
1 Replies
esd-config(1)							   User Commands						     esd-config(1)

NAME
esd-config - helper script for building with the Enlightened Sound Daemon (esd) SYNOPSIS
esd-config [--version] [--prefix=dir] [--cflags] [--libs] [--exec-prefix=dir] DESCRIPTION
The esd-config tool enables you to specify which compiler and linker flags should be used to compile and link programs that use the esd library. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program using the specified library. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link with the specified library. --exec-prefix=diIf specified, use dir instead of the installation exec prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --prefix=dir If specified, use dir instead of the installation prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. This option is also used for the exec prefix, if the --exec-prefix option is not specified. --version Print the currently installed version of the library on the standard output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting the Enlightened Sound Daemon version example% esd-config --version Example 2: Determining the libraries required to link with the Enlightened Sound Daemon example% esd-config --libs EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esd-config Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon helper script ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1), esdcat(1), esdplay(1), esdrec(1), esdsample(1), esdmon(1), esdctl(1), libesd(3) NOTES
This man page was originally written by Chris Waters (xtifr@debian.org) for Debian GNU/Linux. Rewritten by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems, using information from the orbit2-config(1) man page, by Dick Porter (dick@acm.org) and Elliot Lee (sopwith@redhat.com) SunOS 5.10 7 Jan 2003 esd-config(1)