Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reset values for vmstat
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users reset values for vmstat Post 37764 by RTM on Friday 27th of June 2003 04:55:42 PM
Old 06-27-2003
Nope, it looks as if SUN is lagging behind.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vmstat

I have MATLAB INSTALLED IN MY SUN MACHINE >> WHENEVER I USE IT THE CPU USAGE SHOWS ABT 90% Seeing the vmstat shows that system calls and context switch counters reach a very high value . What are these counters ( Man pages do not give much info on that) .... The only thing i can make out that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

Hi, In the unix command, "vmstat" we get information on Page memory. what does the "mf" - "minor fault" is? Regards, Anent (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

When I exeute vmstat (e.g. vmstat 30 2), in some machines I get some wierd result as the first line. like: -117% or 208% for CPU idle percentage. But the second line is alright. Could someone explain this please. Thanks ! Chaadana (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat

Hi, what does mean the free colomne in out put of vmstat ? is it free espace of physical memory or of swap space on hard disk ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

Hi I wanted to collect data by using vmstat -I 60 >xxxx.txt & using my own account It was stopped by it self after 2 hours try again same result We want to collect day date by succession how to collect data using vmstat for day Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

6. Linux

vmstat help

Hi everyone, I need to see some VM manager performance/behavior information on some Linux boxes regarding pages scanned/activation of the paging algorithm in order to get an idea if a given server needs more memory and is actually paging. In Aix servers, by using the vmstat cmd you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat

Hi I need to write a script to display VMSTAT every 5 seconds and I just need the memory columns - swap free re and just the numbers and the headers arent required. For example bash-3.00$ vmstat 5| awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}' disk faults cpu ------ This header isnt required swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

8. AIX

fr and sr (from vmstat output) values are very high

Hi AIX Expert, the fr (page freed/page replacement) and sr (pages scanned by page-replacement algorithm) values from the vmstat output (see below please) are very high. I usually see this high value during the oracle database backup. In addition, the page scan/page steal/ page faults values... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
7 Replies

9. AIX

Vmstat fault section all values are 0

Hi all, Recently I facing problem with my AIX server. we experience slowness on performance. there are some application installed in this server such as : Oracle 10g database, control-m client agent, and some monitoring tools. when we're facing the problem we're noticing that vmstat value a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arief Winanto
7 Replies

10. Linux

Vmstat

I m checking idle time using vmstat, below are the results var=$(ssh wmtmgr@$hostname vmstat | tail -1 | awk '{print $15}') 89 and now im subtracting 89 with 100 & im getting expected results expr 100 - $var 11 Now How can I get the result 11 in one line code? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
img-sun(n)																img-sun(n)

NAME
img-sun - Img, Sun Raster Format (sun) SYNOPSIS
package require Tk package require img::sun ?1.3? image create photo ?name? ?options? DESCRIPTION
The package img::sun is a sub-package of Img. It can be loaded as a part of the complete Img support, via package require Img, or on its own, via package require img::sun. Like all packages of Img it does not provide new commands, but extends the existing Tk command image so that it supports files containing raster images in the Sun Raster Format (sun). More specifically img::sun extends Tk's photo image type. The name of the new format handler is sun. This handler provides new additional configuration options. See section SUN OPTIONS for more detailed explanations. All of the above means that in a call like image create photo ?name? ?options? [1] Image data in sun format (options -data and -file) is detected automatically. [2] The format name sun is recognized by the option -format. In addition the value for the option is treated as list and may contain any of the special options listed in section SUN OPTIONS. SUPPORTED SUN TYPES
1-bit pixels: Black and White. 8-bit pixels: Grayscale or indexed. 24-bit pixels: True-color (RGB, each channel 8 bit). 32-bit pixels: True-color with alpha channel (RGBA, each channel 8 bit). List of currently supported features: Type | Read | Write | | -file | -data | -file | -data | ---------------------------------------- 1-bit | Yes | Yes | No | No | 8-bit | Yes | Yes | No | No | 24-bit | Yes | Yes | Yes | Yes | 32-bit | Yes | Yes | Yes | Yes | All images types may be either uncompressed or run-length encoded. SUN OPTIONS
The handler provides the following options: -verbose bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to true, additional information about the loaded/stored image is printed to stdout. Default is false. -compression type This option is supported for writing only. Set the compression mode to either none or rle. Default is rle. -matte bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to false, a matte (alpha) channel is ignored during reading or writing. Default is true. SEE ALSO
img-bmp, img-gif, img-ico, img-intro, img-jpeg, img-pcx, img-pixmap, img-png, img-ppm, img-ps, img-sgi, img-sun, img-tga, img-tiff, img- window, img-xbm, img-xpm KEYWORDS
image handling, sun, tk COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2003 Jan Nijtmans <nijtmans@users.sourceforge.com> Img 1.3 img-sun(n)