Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Executing UNIX command from java on NT Post 37687 by Perderabo on Wednesday 25th of June 2003 01:39:00 PM
Old 06-25-2003
You have connected via the ftp protocol. You can do "get" or "put". But all you can do is move files around. You cannot run remote scripts via ftp.

You need to get your java program to connect via ssh or telnet to get a shell prompt. Then you can run "./test".

And btw, "test" is not a great name. Unix has a "test" command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute command unix with java:possible or not?

hi everybody, i have a small unix script and i want to use it with java, so how can i executte unix command with java (if it is possible): in fact i want to use some values returned by this script with java swings. is it possible (of course everything is possible) but how can i do? thank you in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing the su command from a java program.

Say in unix (AIX) m/c, I am logged in with s1 user and want to start process p1 with user credentials of s2. I can do manually in this way: #su - s2 #enter password for s2> somePassword $ p1 But all this I have to do through a java program. How to pass the password through program. One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shailendrat
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a unix command

Hi, I need to execute the following unix command through my java code - zip -e When i execute this command from the command prompt, i am prompted for a password in the following manner - Enter password: Verify password: Is it possible to provide the password inthe first command itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob23
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing SQLPLUS in UNIX Script from JAVA

Hi ALL, I would like to execute one SQL query(ORACLE) in UNIX shell script. For this I used sqlplus in script and tested locally. It worked fine. But my requiremnt is to execute the script from Java. In this case the UNIX part is working but sqlplus is not returning anything The JAVA code used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anooptech
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a variable that strores a unix command string

Hi: I have a touble with executing a variable that stores a unix command string. The following would be excuted fine: command='ls -l' `echo $command` However, the following gives me an error: command='(uuencode file1 file1; uuencode file2 file2) | mailx email_id' `echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagewise
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is = ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running unix command from java

Hi All, I have been struggling for a week trying to run a unix command from my java program. the unix command is: ssh dmdev3@tsapid01-zt3d01 ':> /t3/envs/dmdev3/test/file_list.txt' when i try to run this command directly on my unix console, it works perfectly. but when i try it form... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_sharan
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error executing sqlcmd command through UNIX

Hi All, I am trying to execute a set of sql statements in sql server 2008 using the sqlcmd command in unix and passing the query in the "input" parameter. It is giving me an error "incorrect syntax near 2014". The below statement is giving an error : declare date_val datetime, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul Raj
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing java .jar from UNIX script

I have a .jar placed in my Unix directory. The .jar creates a .csv file .I want to execute the .jar and place the output file in a target Unix directory. The Unix Script is as follows. The issue that i am facing is that the file is not being placed in the REPORTDIR=/cdunix/IQNavigator/wrk instead... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkargeti12
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find IP of user machine executing a particular UNIX command?

Hello, Our applications are deployed in SunOS 5.10 servers. All the team members use a same username/pwd to login to the box. Very often we face issue were we could see that weblogic server instance are KILLED and we are not able to trace who executed kill command. All team members use PUTTY to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santtarius
2 Replies
TESTPARM(1)															       TESTPARM(1)

NAME
testparm - check an smb.conf configuration file for internal correctness SYNOPSIS
testparm [ -s ] [ -h ] [ -x ] [ -L <servername> ] config filename [ hostname hostIP ] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the Samba suite. testparm is a very simple test program to check an smbd configuration file for internal correctness. If this program reports no problems, you can use the configuration file with confidence that smbd will successfully load the configuration file. Note that this is NOT a guarantee that the services specified in the configuration file will be available or will operate as expected. If the optional host name and host IP address are specified on the command line, this test program will run through the service entries reporting whether the specified host has access to each service. If testparm finds an error in the smb.conf file it returns an exit code of 1 to the calling program, else it returns an exit code of 0. This allows shell scripts to test the output from testparm. OPTIONS
-s Without this option, testparm will prompt for a carriage return after printing the service names and before dumping the service def- initions. -h Print usage message -x Print only parameters that have non-default values -L servername Sets the value of the %L macro to servername. This is useful for testing include files specified with the %L macro. configfilename This is the name of the configuration file to check. If this parameter is not present then the default smb.conf file will be checked. hostname If this parameter and the following are specified, then testparm will examine the hosts allow and hosts deny parameters in the smb.conf file to determine if the hostname with this IP address would be allowed access to the smbd server. If this parameter is supplied, the hostIP parameter must also be supplied. hostIP This is the IP address of the host specified in the previous parameter. This address must be supplied if the hostname parameter is supplied. FILES
smb.conf This is usually the name of the configuration file used by smbd. DIAGNOSTICS
The program will issue a message saying whether the configuration file loaded OK or not. This message may be preceded by errors and warn- ings if the file did not load. If the file was loaded OK, the program then dumps all known service details to stdout. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 2.2 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smb.conf(5) smbd(8) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/ <URL:ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/>) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 TESTPARM(1)