Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sysadmins: your top 10 duties/responsibilities? Post 37648 by RTM on Tuesday 24th of June 2003 01:26:22 PM
Old 06-24-2003
Because we are too busy surfing the web Smilie (and don't want our bosses to know!)

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What to new sysadmins should be learning?

I'm reading through yet another book on Unix admin'ing and it occurs to me once again that there are simply way too many things that you could be learning about with Unix for a newbie and you don't have infinite amounts of time to learn it all. For instance, I'm told that learning the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatkins679
2 Replies

2. AIX

Administrator responsibilities

HELLOW ALL Can any one tell me what are the Requirements for any system administrator to be a system administrators (After taking all the courses for IBM or the the track that requires only during your job). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Roles & Responsibilities of a Linux/Unix administrator

Hi All, At present i have good knowledge and experience in unix/ linux shell scripting. I believe unix shell scripting with administration will be a hot skill set, so I would like to become a Unix/Linux system admin. What are the key skills i have to learn to become a successful administrator.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help me in responsibilities of solaris admin

Dear friends I have a doubt 4 months back i've completed my Solaris course now i'am searching for job on 2+ years experience please anyone tell me what are the common responsibilities of solaris admin means when i'll get a job what is the common daily work for me in office as a 2+ years... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
7 Replies

5. Linux

Administrator responsibilities, in case of power outage?

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could share some of your knowledge, in the event of a power outage. Let presume you are on duty and you get a call at midnight because half of your cabinets have no power, air conditioning is down and you deal with a ton of 500 error messages on your boxes. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
9 Replies
SQLITE_BUSY_TIMEOUT(3)													    SQLITE_BUSY_TIMEOUT(3)

sqlite_busy_timeout - Set busy timeout duration, or disable busy handlers

SYNOPSIS
void sqlite_busy_timeout (resource $dbhandle, int $milliseconds) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style (method): void SQLiteDatabase::busyTimeout (int $milliseconds) Set the maximum time, in milliseconds, that SQLite will wait for a $dbhandle to become ready for use. PARAMETERS
o $dbhandle - The SQLite Database resource; returned from sqlite_open(3) when used procedurally. This parameter is not required when using the object-oriented method. o $milliseconds - The number of milliseconds. When set to 0, busy handlers will be disabled and SQLite will return immediately with a SQLITE_BUSY status code if another process/thread has the database locked for an update. PHP sets the default busy timeout to be 60 seconds when the database is opened. Note There are one thousand(1000) milliseconds in one second. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Procedural style <?php $dbhandle = sqlite_open('sqlitedb'); sqlite_busy_timeout($dbhandle, 10000); // set timeout to 10 seconds sqlite_busy_timeout($dbhandle, 0); // disable busy handler ?> Example #2 Object oriented style <?php $dbhandle = new SQLiteDatabase('sqlitedb'); $dbhandle->busyTimeout(10000); // 10 seconds $dbhandle->busyTimeout(0); // disable ?> SEE ALSO
sqlite_open(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLITE_BUSY_TIMEOUT(3)