Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exceed
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Exceed Post 37568 by nikk on Sunday 22nd of June 2003 02:19:35 AM
Old 06-22-2003
When you go to Exceed menus(start -> Programs -> Hummingbird)under this menu ,there's an option by the name of "...XDMCP",when you choose that,it brings you a window with all available unix systems IP addresses list there(be sure of network connectivity)then you could choose any of them you want & it brings you the login page and...
There's another way for getting just Xterm,you should choose "client wizard" under Hummingbird again and give the related Info. to complete this after performing that it creats one icon which is Xterm program on related system,you could get it & run your App's inside that.

Rgrds,
Nikk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exceed subsitutions?

Does anyone know if there any application perform better than Exceed? It seems some video card doesn't support Exceed. thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: E-Quality
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet/Exceed

I wanted to know difference between Telnet/Hummingbird- Exceed/FTP. THe reason why i asked the question b'coz i have three cad systems & two are in windows environment & one in unix I wanted to put all three into network & share the data. Which software you wanted to purchase & how could i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kar1
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Exceed Login

I have a number of systems running 11i and 10.2. I need to log in using Exceed V8.0. On all systems, except one, I get the HP CDE screen asking for USER name and password. Upon entering the information, the screen goes away and comes back with the same HP CDE screen, asking again. I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_tex
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with using Exceed

Hi Gurus I am facing problem in using Exceed to connect to one HP Ux server. I used Exceed (XDMCP-Broadcast) but can't see the IP address of the server I want to connect to. What could be the reason for this ? (Network Connectivity is fine as I can connect using telnet) Then I used Client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Exceed on Vista ?

Hi there, I have a copy of Exceed 7.0, which I use on my Win XP pro machine to get access to the Solaris CDE, but this version will not run on my Vista laptop. Do I need to get the very latest version of Exceed to run on Vista ? or is there an interim version which I might find on Ebay ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freddo_21
2 Replies

6. Solaris

exceed display

PC: WinXP professional 2002, sp2 when i tried to use XDMCP Brodcast, it's not displaying any ip's and when i used XDMCP Query by giving the ip address, i couldn't see any display. In the task manager it's showing the exe as running. what could be the problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exceed connection issues

I'm trying to use Exceed 7.1 to connect to a Solaris server (T2000, running Solaris 10). What are the settings that should be specified on Solaris to enable this connectivity to happen? I'm getting connection issues. Is there a type of service that needs to be running? If sombody can give a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exceed Display Problem

Hi, i am running an application on our hp_ux server from my laptop(windows xp) which need an xwindow system for graphical display. I have exceed installed on my laptop to use as x window terminal. when i am in My office,i am able to export that application using below commands. DISPLAY=<my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exceed and offscreen rendering

Hi everyone. I made a program which renders a 3D scene into a pbuffer/pixmap (if pbuffer aren't supported) in order to export it to a postscript file. On a RHEL4 (32/64 bits) or whatever distribution may be, it works just fine. I'm using Exceed when I'm working under WinXP and each time I run my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JB007ROLV
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Help with Exceed

Hi, I need help with operating exceed from a local computer to a solaris machine using putty. putty - version 60 Hummingbird Xserver for win 32 version 7.1.0.0 Communication mode is set to 'passive' in exceed Following are the steps that I followed Start 'Exceed' Opened putty... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaguar_eyes
7 Replies
CHOOSEWM(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CHOOSEWM(1)

NAME
choosewm - Select a window manager to be used. SYNOPSIS
choosewm [-f] [-p] [-t] choosewm [-t] -c DESCRIPTION
choosewm presents a window to let the user choose a window manager to start. By default it shows everything registered as window manager at the Debian menu system, but it allows global and local configuration to change that data. OPTIONS
-c, --config Allow the user to change the default. Beside telling choosewm to not start the chosen window manger, this mostly changes the text of some buttons and labels -f, --force Show the selection window unconditionally. -p, --print Do not start the window-manager, but print it to stdout. -t, --text Do not ask by opening an X11 window, but ask on the terminal. Needs a terminal as stdin. This is activated by default with -c and DISPLAY not set. CONFIG FILES
After reading /var/lib/choosewm/windowmanagers, treating anything before a equal (=) sign in a line a name and everything after that as window manager path, choosewm checks /etc/X11/choosewm/config and after that by default .choosewm/config in the user's $HOME-directory. Lines containing only spaces or starting with a # are ignored. Every other line may contain one of the following commands: add: name=path Add an additional window manager to the list. name will be shown in the list, path will be started. This option is only useful to add something that should be only added to this list. If you installed a window manager by hand, please consider to register it in the Debian menu instead. That way all potent enough window managers will be able to offer switch- ing to that window manager by menu. remove: path Do not list the window manager with path in the list to choose from. default: defaultwindowmanagerpath Use the window manager defaultwindowmanagerpath as default, when no last selection of the window manager is available. userconf: filename Read the user's config from $(HOME)/filename. If filename is -, no user config is read. Default is .choosewm/config dontaskfile: filename Create the file $(HOME)/filename, if the user selected to not be asked about the window manger, and do not ask if this file is present. (Unless -f is command line argument.) Default is .choosewm/dontask lastdecisionfile: filename Read the last decision from the file $(HOME)/filename, and save the decision of the user there. Default is .choosewm/lastwm inalias: oldold=newpath If the last decision is oldpath, change it to newpath. askalias: oldold=newpath If the last decision is oldpath, change it to newpath and force showing of the selection window. outalias: path=output If the user has chosen path as window manager, write instead output to the file as new last decision. sTAG: text Are used to set strings to be shown to the user in labels, buttons or headers. The CONFIGTAG variants are used with -c. The following are the currently definied Tags and their default values: sCONFIGHEADER: Choose default Window Manager sHEADER: Choose Window Manager sCONFIGWELCOME: Please choose the default window manager and whether to reask at start time. sWELCOME: Welcome, please select a Window manager to use. sCONFIGASK: _Ask when starting sASK: _Ask again at every login sCONFIGSELECT: _Select sSELECT: _Start sCONFIGCANCEL: _Cancel sCANCEL: _Log out ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
HOME The current home directory of the current user. DEFAULTWINDOWMANAGER If no default is specified in the config files nor by the user's last choice, the content of this environment variable is tried before the path /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager is pointing to is tried. FILES
/etc/X11/choosewm/config Global config file read. /var/lib/choosewm/windowmanagers Default system window manager file. /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager Default link to compute a default. $(HOME)/.choosewm/config Default user config file. $(HOME)/.choosewm/lastwm Default file to store the users default. $(HOME)/.choosewm/dontask Default file to signal not asking when existant. SEE ALSO
update-menus(1), xsession(1). AUTHOR
choosewm was written by Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org>. This manual page was written by Bernhard R. Link. 2009-06-11 CHOOSEWM(1)