Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Reading incoming data in serial ports Post 3749 by jricardorm on Tuesday 10th of July 2001 07:58:54 PM
Old 07-10-2001
Computer Reading incoming data in serial ports

Hi every body, i have the following problem :

I need to read incoming data from a serial port, this port has connected a weigth device to it that send the weigth and i need to read this data to my aplication, i had this problem in Window Enviroment and i resolve with a "C" routine, but in Unix environment i do not have idea how to do this. If any body can help i really appreciate this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Ports, wacom tablet under unix

Hi, I'm new to the boards and don't know all that much about unix either. I do have quite a specific question though and i hope someone can help me with it... i'm going crazy...i've been trying to set up a wacom tablet on my unix box. i've don't it before but it was taken away and the os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salwey
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a modem on a serial accelerator ports

I had been using a modem installed on a Digi accelerator port to dial in to an SCO open server r5 server. On monday it quit working and I realy don't know how it was installed and configured. I have tested the modem on a PC and it works. The port the modem is connected to is ttyB06 and I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting hung serial ports and peripheral devices.

Working in SunOS 2.6 without the GUI, I am trying to find out what command line syntax I can use to reset the serial port. I have also been curious how to reset peripheral devices without having to reboot the machine. If anyone has a cheat sheet for that, that would be great! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcherry
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:controlling serial ports ?

Is it possible to write a perl program to controll the serial port? e.g. What iam trying to do, for a challenge is create a box with two lights. red and green, connect to a serial port and have a perl program to give me the options to turn on the red light or green light. Is this possilbe, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listening on port for incoming data?

I am not what I would call an experienced programmer. I know some ksh etc.. I need to be able to listening on a port for incoming data on a ultra 10 using solaris 9. Basically all that I need to do at the moment is to log the incoming data on a specific port number. Any ideas on how I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

6. Programming

Serial Ports - locking them, checking if they are open

Hi, I'm trying to fix up some serial code that was given to me by a coworker no longer on the project. Problem is, when the program is running and reading the port, I can take away the port by doing a cu command in another terminal window. When I release the cu, the program crashes, I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oak
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Help with serial ports.

Hi, This is my first post here. I would like to ask: how to connect the barcode scanner to the serial port? What are the names in the system (in / dev) and serialport1 serialport0? Please help with this. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftwojtek
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Renaming serial ports in unix

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means a unix expert, so I hope I explain my issue well. I'm on a mac (mac mini), 10.7. My question is about serial port names. I have an arduino microcontroller plugged in via usb, and every time the computer is shut down it gives the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superliminal
0 Replies

9. Debian

Reading data from a serial port

Dear List - I am trying to capture data from a serial port and write it to a file. /var/www$ cat /dev/ttyS0 > scale_value.html cat: /dev/ttyS0: Device or resource busy /var/www# cat /proc/tty/driver/serial serinfo:1.0 driver revision: 0: uart:16550A port:000003F8 irq:4 tx:90... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
11 Replies
nsd-xfer(8)							    nsd 3.2.12							       nsd-xfer(8)

NAME
nsd-xfer - AXFR client to transfer zones from a name server SYNOPSIS
nsd-xfer [-4] [-6] [-a address[@port]] [-p port] [-s serial] [-T tsiginfo] [-v] -z zone -f file servers DESCRIPTION
Nsd-xfer is program to transfer zones from a name server using AXFR. NSD is a complete implementation of an authoritative DNS nameserver. OPTIONS
-4 Only send to IPv4 addresses. -6 Only send to IPv6 addresses. -a address[@port] Specify the source address (and port) to send from. -f file The file to store the zone in. -p port Specify the port to send to. -s serial Specify the serial of the current zone. The zone is only transferred if the master server has a zone with a greater serial number. -T tsiginfo Use TSIG to verify the zone transfer. The tsiginfo file must contain the TSIG key information. The file is removed upon successful reading of the key. The format of the tsiginfo file is described in the doc/README file (section 3.3). -v Be more verbose. -z zone Specify the zone to receive. servers List of nameservers to try. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: # nsd-xfer -z foobar.cz -f foobar.cz.zone 1.2.3.4 SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-checkconf(8), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-xfer(8)