Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers GNU and Linux: Different or the same? Post 37450 by norsk hedensk on Thursday 19th of June 2003 07:30:12 AM
Old 06-19-2003
redhat is GNU/Linux as well. all linux distros are, as far as i know of. it is possible to use linux in a different environment, but i havnt heard of this on pc's.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

FreeBSD or GNU/Linux?

Hi, i'm working on micro$oft windows based networking environment's. i want learn other os than micro$oft windows. i tested FreeBSD & Gnu/Linux (Fedora). both are similar. which of following is best choice for me? for networking? and which of them has future (for e.g not discontinued after 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
3 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read *.accdb files in GNU/Linux

Hi Guys, Can you please suggest me to read the *.accdb files under linux enviornment? I have google a bit. There is some solution to convert the *.accdb files under windows environment. But I am trying to do it in Linux environment. Please provide your thoughts. Thanks, Ranga :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
3 Replies
IPCS(1) 							   User Commands							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - provide information on ipc facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-asmq] [-tclup] ipcs [-smq] -i id ipcs -h DESCRIPTION
ipcs provides information on the ipc facilities for which the calling process has read access. The -i option allows a specific resource id to be specified. Only information on this id will be printed. Resources may be specified as follows: -m shared memory segments -q message queues -s semaphore arrays -a all (this is the default) The output format may be specified as follows: -t time -p pid -c creator -l limits -u summary SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcmk(1) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. The portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
krishna balasubramanian (balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu) AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2008 IPCS(1)