Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Menu script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menu script Post 37273 by oombera on Monday 16th of June 2003 10:02:26 AM
Old 06-16-2003
Something like this ksh script (on an 80 col x 25 row screen), where things are carefully positioned.. but this script doesn't include colors, just a menu:
Code:
choice=0

while [ $choice -ne 4 ]
do

clear

echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""
echo "                ###############################################"
echo "                # Choose a script to run from the list below: #"
echo "                #                                             #"
echo "                # 1) Rename script   (./scr)                  #"
echo "                # 2) Another script  (./folder/another)       #"
echo "                # 3) OneMore script  (../progs/onemore)       #"
echo "                # 4) QUIT                                     #"
echo "                ###############################################"

echo ""
echo -n "                Choice: "
read choice

case "$choice" in
 1 ) ./scr ;;
 2 ) ./folder/another ;;
 3 ) ../progs/onemore ;;
 4 ) clear; exit 1 ;;
esac

done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with script for menu

I'm working on a script for a basic menu with four options. The first option for the menu asks a user to put in anyone's user name and is supposed to display the user's home directory. If a user does not enter a name, then their own home directory should be displayed. The second menu option is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu Script

So, I need help writing a Menu script in UNIX. First how can I use letters for the options instead of numbers? Also, is there any templates out on the web I can use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gboy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script menu problem

Hi there, I am new to Unix and at the moment I am trying to solve my assignment that is to create a script for the program to prompt user to type three codes, from user point of view it should be done by typing codes separating them by spaces. Then program displays a menu with these three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dannel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu Script looping

Hi , I have a menu driven script as shown below echo "" echo "*** 1 - option 1 " echo "*** " echo "*** 2 - option 2 " echo "*** 3 - option 3 " ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu

hi guys, how would you do the following? I have a menu with 5 options in my shell script: 1. Run function 1 against files 2. Run function 2 against files 3. Run function 3 against files 4. Run function 4 against files 5. Run function 5 against files I'd like to be able to run multiple... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
ECHO(3) 								 1								   ECHO(3)

echo - Output one or more strings

SYNOPSIS
void echo (string $arg1, [string $...]) DESCRIPTION
Outputs all parameters. echo is not actually a function (it is a language construct), so you are not required to use parentheses with it. echo (unlike some other language constructs) does not behave like a function, so it cannot always be used in the context of a function. Additionally, if you want to pass more than one parameter to echo, the parameters must not be enclosed within parentheses. echo also has a shortcut syntax, where you can immediately follow the opening tag with an equals sign. Prior to PHP 5.4.0, this short syn- tax only works with the short_open_tag configuration setting enabled. I have <?=$foo?> foo. PARAMETERS
o $arg1 - The parameter to output. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 echo examples <?php echo "Hello World"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well."; echo "Escaping characters is done "Like this"."; // You can use variables inside of an echo statement $foo = "foobar"; $bar = "barbaz"; echo "foo is $foo"; // foo is foobar // You can also use arrays $baz = array("value" => "foo"); echo "this is {$baz['value']} !"; // this is foo ! // Using single quotes will print the variable name, not the value echo 'foo is $foo'; // foo is $foo // If you are not using any other characters, you can just echo variables echo $foo; // foobar echo $foo,$bar; // foobarbarbaz // Some people prefer passing multiple parameters to echo over concatenation. echo 'This ', 'string ', 'was ', 'made ', 'with multiple parameters.', chr(10); echo 'This ' . 'string ' . 'was ' . 'made ' . 'with concatenation.' . " "; echo <<<END This uses the "here document" syntax to output multiple lines with $variable interpolation. Note that the here document terminator must appear on a line with just a semicolon. no extra whitespace! END; // Because echo does not behave like a function, the following code is invalid. ($some_var) ? echo 'true' : echo 'false'; // However, the following examples will work: ($some_var) ? print 'true' : print 'false'; // print is also a construct, but // it behaves like a function, so // it may be used in this context. echo $some_var ? 'true': 'false'; // changing the statement around ?> NOTES
Note Because this is a language construct and not a function, it cannot be called using variable functions. SEE ALSO
print(3), printf(3), flush(3), Heredoc syntax. PHP Documentation Group ECHO(3)