Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers does this variable call work--Korn Post 3727 by morkfard on Tuesday 10th of July 2001 10:59:10 AM
Old 07-10-2001
Question

Is it possible to print an array with a * character:
Ex.
echo ${table*[2]}

so that table1[2], table2[2], and table3[2] get printed? I know I cannot make an multidimensional array:
Ex.
table[][]

so I attempting to make multiple one-dimensional arrays.
Ex.
table0[0]
table1[0]
table2[0]

then print...

i=0
j=0
while [[ i < last ]]
do
while [[ j < last ]]
do
print "${table$i[$]}"
j=j+1
done
i=i+1
done

...which errors and declares invalid substitution. I incrementing

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 fild1 ) but this sintax in ksh and sh (HP-UNIX) not work... why?? exist another solution for this type of variable ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

pstat_getdisk() call doesn’t work properly in HPUX 11.31 (11i V3)

As per the man page, pstat_getdisk() call returns the number of instances, which could be 0 upon successful completion, otherwise a value of -1 is returned. Please have a look at this sample program -> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> int main() { int j = 0, ret; struct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
2 Replies

4. AIX

lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise.

On AIX 5.3 host, the lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise. This is happening on one particular host and the call works fine on another host. Is this a known issue and is there any patch available for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System call in CGI not work

I have a cgi script that calls a perl script (A.pl) to do something in backgroup, when run that perl script in command everything works fine, but when it calls by the CGI script, nothing works. I have tried another perl script (B.pl not cgi) calls A.pl, and it works fine. The A.pl is chmod 777, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn pattern-list with a variable

I am trying to use a pattern-list match in korn shell using a variable and it always seems to regard the pattern-list as a literal: Using the directory names explicitly in the pattern-list works fine: ls @(test|test1)/test.txt and returns: test/test.txt Trying to use a variable for this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: partchimp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enviornment Variable in B shell (I call it nested variable)

#!/bin/sh APP_ROOT_MODE1=/opt/app1.0 APP_ROOT_MODE2=/opt/app2.0 APP_ROOT=${APP_ROOT_${APP_MODE}} # enviornment variable APP_MODE will be exported in the terminal where # we run the applciation, its value is string - MODE1 or MODE2 # My intension is: # when export APP_MODE=MODE1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Variable values difference

I am using two shell scripts a.ksh and b.ksh a.ksh 1. Sets the value +++++++++++++++++ export USER1=abcd1 export PASSWORD=xyz +++++++++++++++++ b.ksh 2. Second scripts calls sctipt a.ksh and uses the values set in a.ksh and pass to an executable demo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalseth
2 Replies

9. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

10. AIX

Commands to call script work from command line but not from Cron entry

My first post evidently did not materialize so I posted it again: Runnning a cron job every 5 mins to send data files to a state facility. My original cron entry at worked fine: 01,06,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * /home/sftpuser/stateinoc-from-appname.ksh Somewhere I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
1 Replies
GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)							 1						       GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)

get_defined_vars - Returns an array of all defined variables

SYNOPSIS
array get_defined_vars (void ) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a multidimensional array containing a list of all defined variables, be them environment, server or user-defined variables, within the scope that get_defined_vars(3) is called. RETURN VALUES
A multidimensional array with all the variables. EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_defined_vars(3) Example <?php $b = array(1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8); $arr = get_defined_vars(); // print $b print_r($arr["b"]); /* print path to the PHP interpreter (if used as a CGI) * e.g. /usr/local/bin/php */ echo $arr["_"]; // print the command-line parameters if any print_r($arr["argv"]); // print all the server vars print_r($arr["_SERVER"]); // print all the available keys for the arrays of variables print_r(array_keys(get_defined_vars())); ?> SEE ALSO
isset(3), get_defined_functions(3), get_defined_constants(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_DEFINED_VARS(3)