Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers does this variable call work--Korn Post 3720 by loitschix on Tuesday 10th of July 2001 10:22:27 AM
Old 07-10-2001
MySQL ksh arrays....

hi.

stop! there are arrays in a korn shell. it is nearly the same like in perl 5.* Smilie
----------------------------------------------------------------
syntax:

set -A myarray "one" "two" "three"
echo ${myarray[0]}
echo ${myarray[1]}
echo ${myarray[2]}

echo ${myarray[*]} # shows all
echo ${#myarray} # shows number of fields

myarray[2]="four"
echo ${myarray[2]}
----------------------------------------------------------------
hope it helps,
cheers,
alex....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compound variable in korn shell

in a text " Korn Shell Unix programming Manual 3° Edition" i have found this sintax to declare a compoud variable: variable=( fild1 fild1 ) but this sintax in ksh and sh (HP-UNIX) not work... why?? exist another solution for this type of variable ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

pstat_getdisk() call doesn’t work properly in HPUX 11.31 (11i V3)

As per the man page, pstat_getdisk() call returns the number of instances, which could be 0 upon successful completion, otherwise a value of -1 is returned. Please have a look at this sample program -> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> int main() { int j = 0, ret; struct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
2 Replies

4. AIX

lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise.

On AIX 5.3 host, the lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise. This is happening on one particular host and the call works fine on another host. Is this a known issue and is there any patch available for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System call in CGI not work

I have a cgi script that calls a perl script (A.pl) to do something in backgroup, when run that perl script in command everything works fine, but when it calls by the CGI script, nothing works. I have tried another perl script (B.pl not cgi) calls A.pl, and it works fine. The A.pl is chmod 777, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn pattern-list with a variable

I am trying to use a pattern-list match in korn shell using a variable and it always seems to regard the pattern-list as a literal: Using the directory names explicitly in the pattern-list works fine: ls @(test|test1)/test.txt and returns: test/test.txt Trying to use a variable for this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: partchimp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enviornment Variable in B shell (I call it nested variable)

#!/bin/sh APP_ROOT_MODE1=/opt/app1.0 APP_ROOT_MODE2=/opt/app2.0 APP_ROOT=${APP_ROOT_${APP_MODE}} # enviornment variable APP_MODE will be exported in the terminal where # we run the applciation, its value is string - MODE1 or MODE2 # My intension is: # when export APP_MODE=MODE1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Variable values difference

I am using two shell scripts a.ksh and b.ksh a.ksh 1. Sets the value +++++++++++++++++ export USER1=abcd1 export PASSWORD=xyz +++++++++++++++++ b.ksh 2. Second scripts calls sctipt a.ksh and uses the values set in a.ksh and pass to an executable demo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalseth
2 Replies

9. Programming

How to refer to variable (korn shell)?

Hi I have the following block of code in korn shell and don't now how to refer to variable `print variable1.$dvd` ? --- integer dvd=4 integer number=0 while (( dvd!=0 )) do print "Iteracja numer : $dvd" print "$_" #it refers to $dvd var but want to refer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

10. AIX

Commands to call script work from command line but not from Cron entry

My first post evidently did not materialize so I posted it again: Runnning a cron job every 5 mins to send data files to a state facility. My original cron entry at worked fine: 01,06,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * /home/sftpuser/stateinoc-from-appname.ksh Somewhere I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
1 Replies
PMDAEVENTARRAY(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PMDAEVENTARRAY(3)

NAME
pmdaEventNewArray, pmdaEventResetArray, pmdaEventReleaseArray, pmdaEventAddRecord, pmdaEventAddMissedRecord, pmdaEventAddParam, pmdaEvent- GetAddr - utilities for PMDAs to build packed arrays of event records C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> #include <pcp/impl.h> #include <pcp/pmda.h> int pmdaEventNewArray(void); int pmdaEventResetArray(int idx); int pmdaEventReleaseArray(int idx); int pmdaEventAddRecord(int idx, struct timeval *tp, int flags); int pmdaEventAddMissedRecord(int idx, struct timeval *tp, int nmissed); int pmdaEventAddParam(int idx, pmID pmid, int type, pmAtomValue *avp); pmEventArray *pmdaEventGetAddr(int idx); cc ... -lpcp DESCRIPTION
A Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) that wishes to export event records (or trace records) is encouraged to use a metric of type PM_TYPE_EVENT to encode a group of event records into a single packed array. The packed array of event records format is defined in <pcp/pmapi.h> and consists of a pmEventArray structure, containing a variable number of pmEventRecord structures, each of which contains a variable number of pmEventParameter structures, which in turn may contain a variable length value for each parameter of each event record. The routines described here are designed to assist the PMDA developer in building a packed array of event records, and managing all of the memory allocations required to hold each instance of an array of event records in a contiguous buffer. Normal use would be as part of PM- DA's pmdaFetchCallBack method. pmdaEventNewArray is used to create a new event array. The return value is a small integer that is used as the idx parameter to the other routines to identify a specific event array. If needed, a PMDA can create and use multiple event arrays. To start a new cycle and refill an event array from the beginning, call pmdaEventResetArray. If the PMDA has finished with an event array, pmdaEventReleaseArray may be used to release the underlying storage and ``close'' the event array so that subsequent attempts to use idx will return PM_ERR_NOCONTEXT. To start a new event record, use pmdaEventAddRecord. The timestamp for the event record is given via tp and the flags parameter may be used to set the control field that determines the type of the event record - flags may be the bit-wise ``or'' of one or more of the PM_EVENT_FLAG_* values defined in <pcp/pmapi.h> (but note that PM_EVENT_FLAG_MISSED should not be used in this context). If event records have been missed, either because the PMDA cannot keep up or because the PMAPI client cannot keep up, then pmdaEventAd- dMissedRecord may be used. idx and tp have the same meaning as for pmdaEventAddRecord and nmissed is the number of event records that have been missed at this point in the time-series of event records. pmdaEventAddMissedRecord may be called multiple times for a single batch of event records if there are more than one ``missed event record'' episode. Once an event record has been started by calling pmdaEventAddRecord, one or more event parameters may be added using pmdaEventAddParam. The pmid and type parameters decribe the PMID of the parameter and the data type (one of the PM_TYPE_* values from <pcp/pmapi.h>) of the value that is passed via avp. type should one where the size of the value is implied by the type or by the length of a string value (for PM_TYPE_STRING) or encoded within avp->vbp (for PM_TYPE_AGGREGATE). Once the packed array has been constructed, pmdaEventGetAddr should be used to initialize the ea_type and ea_len fields at the start of the pmEventArray and return the base address of the event array that is assigned to the vp field of the pmAtomValue structure that the pmdaFetchCallBack method should return. EXAMPLE
The following skeletal code shows how these routines might be used. int sts; int myarray; int first = 1; pmEventArray eap; if (first) { first = 0; if ((myarray = pmdaEventNewArray()) < 0) { // report error and fail } } pmdaEventResetArray(myarray); // loop over all event records to be exported ... { struct timeval stamp; int flags; // establish timestamp and set flags to 0 or some combination // of PM_EVENT_FLAG_POINT, PM_EVENT_FLAG_START, PM_EVENT_FLAG_ID, // etc if ((sts = pmdaEventAddRecord(myarray, &stamp, flags)) < 0) { // report error and fail } // loop over all parameters for this event record ... { pmID pmid; int type; pmAtomValue atom; // construct pmid, type and atom for the parameter and // its value if ((sts = pmdaEventAddParam(myarray, pmid, type, &atom)) < 0) { // report error and fail } } // if some event records were missed (could be at the start // of the exported set, or at the end, or in the middle, or // a combination of multiple missed record episodes) ... { int nmiss; struct timeval stamp; if ((sts = pmdaEventAddMissedRecord(myarray, &stamp, nmiss)) < 0) { // report error and fail } } } // finish up eap = pmdaEventGetAddr(myarray); SEE ALSO
pmdaEventNewQueue(3), pmdaEventNewClient(3), PMDA(3) and pmEventFlagsStr(3). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDAEVENTARRAY(3)