Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making a UFS Partition w/ Linux Post 37191 by Tux on Friday 13th of June 2003 03:24:03 PM
Old 06-13-2003
I'm not sure what relevance CD burning has to this, but gcombust is good.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFS partition

Hi all, I have FreeBSD and Debian in my HD, the FreeBSD partition is very small and I'd like to change. I try to use partition magic but it does not work with UFS parition. Anyone know a good partition software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeVEn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making dirs in a partition

I am setting up a design tools server on a machine running Solaris9. I want to setup a partition that contains a number of design tools. If I go to / and type mkdir "tools" then I am on the root partition. How do I get "/tools" to be on a separate partition? (I also have the same problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smo59
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Making a "Recovery Partition" ??

Hiya people.. I was hoping some expert here would share with me some details as I like to make a "System Recovery Partition" on a external drive. I use my MacBookPro on the road all the time and in the past it's known to happen, and often it happens at the worst time. So, my question is: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akira
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

6. Solaris

Mounting UFS partition on multiple servers?

Hi, I have an application on a SAN partition presented to one server only. If I share this SAN partition with a second server as well, will that cause data corruption (the partition is formatted using ufs) ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Need Empty SPARC UFS Partition

Can anyone create a SPARC UFS Partition that is like 50 meg, DD the entire partition and zip it up and send it to me? Trying to play around with creating SPARC UFS partitions on linux and need a real one to compare to. I would do it but I do not have access to a SPARC machine anymore. I do not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooreps
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies
FINDFS(8)                                                      System Administration                                                     FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)