Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Free/Educational Unix for PC?? Post 37189 by LANSTARR.COM on Friday 13th of June 2003 03:10:19 PM
Old 06-13-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by RTM
Solaris X86 can be used on a PC. Use the search button on this site to find out more information.
I just checked and its not totally free. It cost $20 bucks to download. Smilie

I amdownloadign freeBDS right now

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

free vs commercial Unix

First off, I apologize for making my first post here a question that has probably been asked over a billion times... however with the ever changing nature of technology, it almost seems like yesterday's answers are no longer applicable. Basically I am looking to start up a business and am trying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Verbose Bob
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free Shareware for UNix.

Hello Guys, Just started with unix. I need it to keep my job. I need a free downloadable Unix simulator to use. I already have a unix material i'm reading. Any ideas. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwegbue3
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free UNIX version

Hi, I want to learn UNIX at home. Are there any free version of UNIX to download on the internet and install on my PC??? (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: 012633023
20 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thank-you for this wonderful Educational Forum

I just want to say how much I love the unix forum. You all are awesome! I find the UNIX forum very educational, very prompt in responding and a really great website. I want to thank each an everyone of you for doing a fantastic job. Great Customer Service in educating and assisting us with our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kflanigan
2 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Rocks clusters make sense for educational environments

08-18-2008 11:00 AM Cluster computing has played a pivotal role in the way research is conducted in educational environments. Because the amount of available money and hardware varies between university researchers, often it's necessary to find a clustering solution that can work well on a small... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free unix software

I used to have a free software on my computer to practice unix. Unfortunately, I had to rebuild the laptop after it was infected by a virus. Now I cannot remember the website where to download the software. Can anyone point me to a site? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free O/S for Unix downloads

Can I download Debian or SUSE for free? If so, from where on the internet can I get a free version of Unix? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsb1022
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX Educational Materials

Can you please give me good site for unix commands practice in online?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagabhushanam.K
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)