Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming read file from tar.gz archive Post 37156 by mecarmona on Friday 13th of June 2003 10:28:44 AM
Old 06-13-2003
Hi,
i have tried to do it.....but....the system tell me that -x is invalidate option.....i wish to uncompress a file.....Do you have any suggestion or idea please?....
Thanks in advance,
Mary

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file then purge or archive.

Hi All, I have a root directory /tmp and I want to purge files or archive files in its subsequent subfolders.I listed the path of files I want to purge(archive) and the #of days. (purge) DAYS PATH 7 /tmp/arsenal/* 5 /tmp/chelsea/* (archive? the same as above but different folders... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file, archive, and remove

I posted a week ago regarding this scripting question, but I need to revisit and have a few more questions answered.. User cfajohnson was extremely helpful with the archive script, but clarification on my part is needed to help steer the answer in a direction that works in this particular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archive (tar)

Hi, I want to archive below directories ex: /home/oracle/ddd0 /home/oracle/ddd1 /home/oracle/ddd2 I want a command(tar) which will let me archive the above directories excluding *.dmp(dump files), *.log(log files) in those directories. So the archived file doesn't have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q: tar archive help

hey how do you create a archive and add file to an existing archive. i keep getting an error: dir/#: No such file or directory currently using tar -cvfu name.tar files files searching from a word document each line having different file extention. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nookie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting from a tar archive file

Can I extract files from an archive file (tar), where the filename includes the full directory path, to a different directory? For example the archive files may have a filename of /SrcFiles/XXX/filename.dat and I want to extract it to /SrcFiles/YYY/filename.dat. Since the archive file was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmalencia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar archive issue

Hi, I make a tar archive: tar -czvf /path_to/cucu.tar.gz /path/dir_to_archive/ In the archive the /path/dir_to_archive/ is maintained for every file. I need that the archive to be made without the /path/dir_to_archive/ to contain only the files in /path/dir_to_archive/. Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read specific file from a zip archive without extracting

Hi All, I would like to extract specific file from a zip archive. I have a zip archive "sample.zip". sample.zip contains few text files and images... text1.txt, text2.txt, pic.jpg etc... I need to read specific file "text2.txt" from "sample.zip" WITHOUT EXTRACTING the zip file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharg
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the content of the particular file from tar.Z without extracting?

Hi All, I want to read the content of the particular file from tar.Z without extracting. aaa.tar.Z contains a file called one.txt, I want to read the content of the one.txt without extracting. Please help me to read the content of it. Regards, Kalai. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
12 Replies

9. Linux

tar archive

I have made tar archive of my system.. How can I make that tar archive to be bootable.. simply to install new linux from the archived tar file.. thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TAR Error - file changed as we read it

Hi All, I am getting the above error when I execute the following in a shell script called by Cron. tar -cvf ${WORKING_BACKUP_ROOT}/${TAR_ARCHIVE_FILE} . >/${BACKUP_ROOT}/${ARCHIVE_LOG} if then echo "`date` : ERROR occurred on creating tar file" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies
PLADV(3plplot)							    PLplot API							    PLADV(3plplot)

NAME
pladv - Advance the (sub-)page SYNOPSIS
pladv(sub) DESCRIPTION
Advances to the next subpage if sub=0, performing a page advance if there are no remaining subpages on the current page. If subpages aren't being used, pladv(3plplot)(0) will always advance the page. If sub>0, PLplot switches to the specified subpage. Note that this allows you to overwrite a plot on the specified subpage; if this is not what you intended, use pleop(3plplot) followed by plbop(3plplot) to first advance the page. This routine is called automatically (with sub=0) by plenv(3plplot), but if plenv(3plplot) is not used, pladv(3plplot) must be called after initializing PLplot but before defining the viewport. Redacted form: pladv(sub) This function is used in examples 1,2,4,6-12,14-18,20,21,23-27,29,31. ARGUMENTS
sub (PLINT, input) Specifies the subpage number (starting from 1 in the top left corner and increasing along the rows) to which to advance. Set to zero to advance to the next subpage. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLADV(3plplot)