Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bru command
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory bru command Post 37077 by sherbet808 on Wednesday 11th of June 2003 08:53:08 PM
Old 06-11-2003
bru command

I'm having trouble extracting files from a bru tape. The following are commands that I've tried and the respective outputs.

will.rlee 224> bru -vgf /dev/nrtape
label:
created: Mon Nov 7 18:21:41 1994
device: freedom:/dev/mt/tps0d6
user: root
group: sys
system: IRIX glovebox 4.0.5F 08280217 IP12
bru: "SGI Release 4.0.5D"
release: 9.11
variant: 1

will.rlee 226> bru -evtf /dev/nrtape
e 26k of 28k [1] ./kj
e 2k of 30k [1] ./GB1.bru
bru: 1 volume(s), 2 files, 16 archive blocks, 32 Kbytes
bru: warning - missing archive header block; starting at volume 1
bru: c => continue q => quit r => reload s => fork shell [default: q] >> q

What else can I try?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

BRU utility

I'm having trouble trying to extract files from a bru tape. The man pages on the bru command have confused me. The following are commands that I've tried and the respective outputs. will.rlee 224> bru -vgf /dev/nrtape label: created: Mon Nov 7 18:21:41 1994 device: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherbet808
7 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with BRU

Hello, I need to restore a file that was backed up using BRU. For starters I need to know how to list the archive on my tape. I tried the following which is what the man page for BRU sugegsts: bru -xvf /dev/nst1 /violatio.sh I get the following error bru: warning - read error on first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BRU -T option

Can someone give me an example how to use bru command line with the -T option? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.10 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)