Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Os 8
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun Os 8 Post 37 by veitcha on Tuesday 26th of September 2000 02:05:44 PM
Old 09-26-2000

Where do I use the ipconfig program. I know I can use dhcp, all I need to do is know where to excecute that program, and will it let me configure my dns and toggle static to dhcp

hope that clears it up a little

Andy

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies
ESSIDSCAN(8)							     Commands							      ESSIDSCAN(8)

NAME
essidscan - scan for ESSID corresponding to available WLAN access points SYNOPSIS
In /etc/network/interfaces: mapping <interface> script essidscan DESCRIPTION
The essidscan utility is used to tell the ifup and ifdown utilities about the current SSID of the WLAN currently being accessed. It can be used to map the SSID name to an iface stanza. CONFIGURATION
A sample /etc/network/interfaces may look like this: mapping hotplug script /etc/network/essidscan map SSIDONE wlan-work map SSIDTWO wlan-work map HOME iface wlan-work inet dhcp wireless-key 1234-5678-9ABC-DEF0-1234-5678-9A wireless-keymode restricted iface HOME inet static address 192.168.2.4 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.2.1 wireless-essid HOME wireless-key s:somepassword wireless-keymode open iface DEFAULT inet dhcp FILES
/etc/network/interfaces the interfaces definition file /etc/network/run/ifstate a record of the current state of the interfaces, managed by ifup and ifdown SEE ALSO
interfaces(5) ifscheme(8) ifup(8) ifdown(8) AUTHORS
Tor Slettnes <tor@slett.net> ESSIDSCAN(8)