Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error : "No data written to object that was write locked" Post 36937 by minazk on Saturday 7th of June 2003 11:29:13 AM
Old 06-07-2003
Maybe.... firing multiple processes aiming to write to a same file may cause such an error.

A write lock prevents any other process from read locking or write locking the protected area. Only one write lock and no read locks may exist for a given segment of a file at a given time. The file descriptor on which a write lock is being placed must have been opened with write access.

See this

Probably someone else can give you a better answer !!
Smilie
minazk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dbx error ("Executable contains object file compiled on ...")

Hi, We are trying to run dbx on a core file for which we have the original executable and libs, but not the source / object tree. We have recompiled the objects from the original source, but dbx complains that they were compiled at a different time, and refuses to read them: Object file:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
0 Replies

2. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

4. Programming

getting "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" error msg

Hi, i am working in C in Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 with gdb debugger. I am geting segmentation fault with an error message "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" on debugging the program. What should I do to solve this problem? rgds, Dona_m (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dona_m
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to prevent the pattern "^[[0m" from being written to a file ????

Hi folks, I am using a shell script to display the referred libraries names of any specified cpp code. Given below is the script: shell script "grblib" ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # get the lines having "include" pattern ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't locate object method "fetchrow_array" Error

Hi, I have a perl script which is interacting with Database. I have following line of code : ================================================= sub BEGIN { #use Getopt::Std; #getopt ('S'); #($STEAP)=($opt_S); use lib ("/home/perl_lib"); use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

DLT 7000 tape drive failing with "write error on a record in the index"

HP rp5450 (L2000) running HP-UX 11.11B Using DLT 7000 and DLT 4000 tape drives for nightly full backups Backup jobs created by SAM DLT 7000 cron entry is as follows: 00 2 * * 1-6 /usr/sam/lbin/br_backup DLT FULL Y /dev/rmt/0m /var/sam/graphLCAa17036 root Y 1 N > /var/sam/SAM_br_msgs 2>&1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreh99
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script does not work when written as "one-liner"

In my quest to solve a bigger problem (See my previous post called "Create SQL DML insert statements from file using AWK or similar" - sorry, not allowed to post urls until I have > 5 posts) I'm trying to get my head round awk, but have some problem figuring out why the following script does work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagi Uda
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies
tis_write_trylock(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      tis_write_trylock(3)

NAME
tis_write_trylock - Attempts to acquire the specified read-write lock for write access. LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.so, libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <tis.h> int tis_write_trylock( tis_rwlock_t *lock); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Address of the read-write lock to be acquired for write access. DESCRIPTION
This routine attempts to acquire a read-write lock for write access. The routine attempts to immediately acquire the lock. If the lock is acquired, zero (0) is returned. If the lock is held by another thread (for either read or write access), [EBUSY] is returned and the call- ing thread does not wait for the write-access lock to be acquired. Note that it is a coding error to attempt to acquire the lock for write access if the lock is already held by the calling thread. (However, this routine returns [EBUSY] anyway, because no ownership error-checking takes place.) RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion; the lock is acquired for write access. The lock was not acquired for write access, as it is already held by another thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: tis_read_lock(3), tis_read_trylock(3), tis_read_unlock(3), tis_rwlock_destroy(3), tis_rwlock_init(3), tis_write_lock(3), tis_write_unlock(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off tis_write_trylock(3)