Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error : "No data written to object that was write locked" Post 36929 by nileshkarania on Saturday 7th of June 2003 02:41:09 AM
Old 06-07-2003
Data Error : "No data written to object that was write locked"

Hi All,
I was able to solve my previous problem (link directory)... but now i have this following problem.
I have mounted a disk from other machine using "mount -F nfs" command. When i run a batch which generates some files in that drive.... after a certain number of files i get the following error
"No data written to object that was write locked" . I am firing multiple processes at same time. is it a problem due to that ???

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dbx error ("Executable contains object file compiled on ...")

Hi, We are trying to run dbx on a core file for which we have the original executable and libs, but not the source / object tree. We have recompiled the objects from the original source, but dbx complains that they were compiled at a different time, and refuses to read them: Object file:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
0 Replies

2. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

communicating wth another user aside from "wall" and "write"

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
6 Replies

4. Programming

getting "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" error msg

Hi, i am working in C in Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 with gdb debugger. I am geting segmentation fault with an error message "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" on debugging the program. What should I do to solve this problem? rgds, Dona_m (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dona_m
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to prevent the pattern "^[[0m" from being written to a file ????

Hi folks, I am using a shell script to display the referred libraries names of any specified cpp code. Given below is the script: shell script "grblib" ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # get the lines having "include" pattern ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't locate object method "fetchrow_array" Error

Hi, I have a perl script which is interacting with Database. I have following line of code : ================================================= sub BEGIN { #use Getopt::Std; #getopt ('S'); #($STEAP)=($opt_S); use lib ("/home/perl_lib"); use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

DLT 7000 tape drive failing with "write error on a record in the index"

HP rp5450 (L2000) running HP-UX 11.11B Using DLT 7000 and DLT 4000 tape drives for nightly full backups Backup jobs created by SAM DLT 7000 cron entry is as follows: 00 2 * * 1-6 /usr/sam/lbin/br_backup DLT FULL Y /dev/rmt/0m /var/sam/graphLCAa17036 root Y 1 N > /var/sam/SAM_br_msgs 2>&1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreh99
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script does not work when written as "one-liner"

In my quest to solve a bigger problem (See my previous post called "Create SQL DML insert statements from file using AWK or similar" - sorry, not allowed to post urls until I have > 5 posts) I'm trying to get my head round awk, but have some problem figuring out why the following script does work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagi Uda
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies
mount(8ufs)															       mount(8ufs)

Name
       mount - mount the local ULTRIX File System (UFS)

Syntax
       /etc/mount [ -t ufs -r ] [ options ] device directory

Description
       The  command announces to the system that a file system is present on the device device.  The specified device must be a local device.  The
       file directory must exist and it must be a directory.  It becomes the name of the newly mounted file system.

To further protect from system crashes, only file systems that have been cleanly checked by are	mounted.   In  emergency  situations,  the
       superuser can override this requirement by using the option as shown below.

General users can mount file systems with certain restrictions in addition to those listed in The file system must have the clean byte set.
       To ensure the clean byte is set, run the command on the file system first.  You can also try the mount and if it fails, then run  and  then
       try the mount again.

Note that the user must have execute permissions on the device.

A successful ufs-mount may generate the following warning message:
       "Warning, device has exceeded xxx threshold, fsck(8) is advised"
       where  xxx  is  which metric was exceeded to cause the clean byte timeout factor to reach zero. See for an explanation of the timeout algo-
       rithm.

Physically write-protected disks and magnetic tape file systems must be mounted read only or an error will occur at mount time.

Options
       See the reference page for a description of the -t option.

-o options  Specifies options as a sequence of comma-separated words from the list below.

force	 The superuser can force the mounting of unclean file systems.	You should use the flag only in  single-user  mode
				 when repairing or recovering damaged file systems.

nodev	 Block and character special devices cannot be accessed from this file system. If you are concerned with nfs secu-
				 rity, all ufs file systems that will be exported via nfs should be ufs mounted with the option.

noexec	 Binaries cannot be executed from this file system.

nosuid	 The and programs may not be executed from this file system. If you are concerned with nfs security, all ufs  file
				 systems that will be exported via nfs with the option specified in the file should be ufs mounted with the nosuid
				 option.

pgthresh=##	 Set the paging threshold for this file system in kilobytes.  The default is 64 kilobytes.

sync 	 All writes are immediately written to disk (synchronously) as well as to the buffer cache.  For the option to	be
				 meaningful, the file system must be mounted with write permissions.

-r	   Mounts the device on directory read only.

Restrictions
       The command should only be invoked by the command.  Users (and superusers) should not invoke the command.

Examples
       The command calls to do its work and is the preferred interface.  A sample command is:

# mount -t ufs -o nodev,nosuid,noexec,pgthresh=100 /dev/ra0g /usr

Files
       UFS-specific mount program

See Also
       getmnt(2), mount(2), fsck(8), mount(8)

mount(8ufs)