Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAID command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers RAID command Post 368 by Neo on Wednesday 29th of November 2000 04:01:38 AM
Old 11-29-2000
Question FSCK?

Sounds like you might be asking for the <B>fsck ( )</B> command. On linux systems using the ext2 file system it is <B>e2fsck ( )</B>. These commands are used to repair broken file systems.

Your question is somewhat fuzzy, so this reply is just a wild guess based on your use of the term 'gaps' relative to the filesystem. Sounds like you are seeking a utility to repair the file system, like <B>fsck</B> ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID Unix command

Is there a command used to determine whether or not a machine has been RAIDed besides using 'df -k'. I am interested b/c I am writing a script where I would like to receive some sort of notification as to whether or not a machine has been RAIDed. The simpler the info returned back, the better. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuinc
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delete RAID of solaris volume manager thru command line

how do I remove raid that has the following Raid configuration # metastat d60: Mirror Submirror 0: d61 State: Okay Submirror 1: d62 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 36501312 blocks (17 GB) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr76413
1 Replies

3. Solaris

regarding RAID.....

hai everybody n good morning........here r some queries....... 1. what is the interlace value in RAID 0 (striping.......) 2. How many no of metadevices are required for mirroring and why......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. Solaris

implementing RAID 1 from RAID 5

Dear ALl, I have a RAID 5 volume which is as below d120 r 60GB c1t2d0s5 c1t3d0s5 c1t4d0s5 c1t5d0s5 d7 r 99GB c1t2d0s0 c1t3d0s0 c1t4d0s0 c1t5d0s0 d110 r 99GB c1t2d0s4 c1t3d0s4 c1t4d0s4 c1t5d0s4 d8 r 99GB c1t2d0s1 c1t3d0s1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Creation of Raid 01 and Raid 10

Hello All, I have read enough of texts on Raid 01 and Raid 10 on solaris :wall: . But no-where found a way to create them using SVM. Some one pls tell me how to do or Post some link if that helps. TIA Curious solarister (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Solarister
1 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
FSCK_HFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       FSCK_HFS(8)

NAME
fsck.hfs -- HFS file system consistency check SYNOPSIS
fsck.hfs -q [-df] special ... fsck.hfs -p [-df] special ... fsck.hfs [-n | -y | -r] [-dfgl] [-m mode] [-c size] special ... DESCRIPTION
The fsck.hfs utility verifies and repairs standard HFS and HFS+ file systems. The first form of fsck.hfs quickly checks the specified file systems to determine whether they were cleanly unmounted. The second form of fsck.hfs preens the specified file systems. It is normally started by fsck(8) during systen boot, when a HFS file system is detected. When preening file systems, fsck.hfs will fix common inconsistencies for file systems that were not unmounted cleanly. If more serious problems are found, fsck.hfs does not try to fix them, indicates that it was not successful, and exits. The third form of fsck.hfs checks the specified file systems and tries to repair all detected inconsistencies. If no options are specified fsck.hfs will always check and attempt to fix the specified file systems. The options are as follows: -c size Specify the size of the cache used by fsck.hfs internally. Bigger size can result in better performance but can result in deadlock when used with -l option. Size can be specified as a decimal, octal, or hexadecimal number. If the number ends with a ``k'', ``m'', or ``g'', the number is multiplied by 1024 (1K), 1048576 (1M), or 1073741824 (1G), respectively. -d Display debugging information. This option may provide useful information when fsck.hfs cannot repair a damaged file system. -f When used with the -p option, force fsck.hfs to check `clean' file systems, otherwise it means force fsck.hfs to check and repair journaled HFS+ file systems. -g Causes fsck.hfs to generate its output strings in GUI format. This option is used when another application with a graphical user interface (like Mac OS X Disk Utility) is invoking the fsck.hfs tool. -l Lock down the file system and perform a test-only check. This makes it possible to check a file system that is currently mounted, although no repairs can be made. -m mode Mode is an octal number that will be used to set the permissions for the lost+found directory when it is created. The lost+found directory is only created when a volume is repaired and orphaned files or directories are detected. fsck.hfs places orphaned files and directories into the lost+found directory (located at the root of the volume). The default mode is 01777. -p Preen the specified file systems. -q Causes fsck.hfs to quickly check whether the volume was unmounted cleanly. If the volume was unmounted cleanly, then the exit status is 0. If the volume was not unmounted cleanly, then the exit status will be non-zero. In either case, a message is printed to standard output describing whether the volume was clean or dirty. -y Always attempt to repair any damage that is found. -n Never attempt to repair any damage that is found. -r Rebuild the catalog file on the specified file system. This option currently will only work if there is enough contiguous space on the specified file system for a new catalog file and if there is no damage to the leaf nodes in the existing catalog file. SEE ALSO
fsck(8) BUGS
fsck.hfs is not able to fix some inconsistencies that it detects. HISTORY
The fsck.hfs command appeared in Mac OS X Server 1.0 . Mac OS X November 21, 2002 Mac OS X