Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP return value
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP return value Post 36707 by Shaz on Tuesday 3rd of June 2003 01:15:47 PM
Old 06-03-2003
Hi google,
Thanks for the reply...
The reason I'm using a different shell script (not the function) is because it gets called by number of other scripts...
Unfortunately I am sending the files across to other servers and no get! so I don't know how find out if I had a successful transfer...

Thanks again for your comment...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

return code on ftp if filesystem full??

Does anyone know what the return code will be if an ftp fails because the /var/tmp filesystem is full? AIX 4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

return ftp status

Hello, I still have problems when trying to figure out if the status of an ftp was successful. I ftp to different types (nt, vax, unix, etc...) of machines. I am trying to write a universal script that will ftp a file and then check to see if the ftp was successful. I have tried the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture ftp return code..PLZ HELP

Hi all, i have written a code to ftp a file from one server to other.The ftp is happeneing successfully,but i am not able to capture the return code,to check if ftp has failed. plz help me to find out the return code....this is urgent below is the code i have written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Return Code

Hi All, I have a problem to identify the error code thrown by FTP Server while uploading files. The message is : ftp return 32. I couldn't find out what is the meaning of that. :confused: OS is Sun Solaris 2.10. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

FTP Return 32

Dear All, I have problem when uploading files the FTP Server threw message like this : ftp return 32. Files not get uploaded. OS is Sun Soalaris 2.10 Please help what is the meaning of that message... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

No return code in ftp mget script

I have a automated FTP script that gets a file using mget. I am using mget because the date will change on the file frequently. The mget works, however if I incorrectly type the file (e.g. if I want to get /dog123 and I enter /dg*) I do not receive and error code from in the FTP session. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dog123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return all sub directories on ftp server

Hey guys, I'm new to the programming world in general, and I only write in applescript so far. I am trying to find a shell script that will return a list of all the sub directories (or folders) within a directory on my ftp server. The server needs a username and password. I would assume the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriftinkid
4 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ftp return code not working

below is my code , but for some reason the return part is not working, only file transfer is happening and no exit status is checked .please me help me to fix this code #!/bin/sh #set -vx ftp -nv sitelocation << ! user username password lcd localdir cd /remote dir mget *.* ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Value from a FTP shell script

Hello folks,,, I am calling a Unix shell script from java. The unix script is transferring a file through FTP. I wonder how can I confirm whether the script has been executed properly without any error. Is there any way to find the return value from the script. My FTP script is given below ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture 3 digit return code of ftp??

is it possible to capture the 3 digit return code of ftp commands in a local variable inside a shell script? Code: ftp remoteserver << EOFTP quote USER uid quote PASS pass prompt cd remote_directory mput file.txt bye EOFTP in the above script, if cd ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)