Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers finding out processor speeds for a sparc Post 36666 by xyyz on Tuesday 3rd of June 2003 05:50:33 AM
Old 06-03-2003
hmmm... one processor is indeed a 133mhz processor, while the other is a 150mhz processor.

things seem to be running... but will there be a problem of mismatched processor speeds?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

1024 Mb RAM / 648MHz Sparc Processor

============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- SunOS as-1 5.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 Start Benchmark Run: Tue Jan 27 15:07:18 NZDT 2004 3 interactive users. Dhrystone 2 without register variables ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Network speeds

Hello all, We have a group of Solaris 8 machines that are having some real network performance issues, they all go through a switch which *should* be set at 100 mb full duplex on every port which goes back to a master switch. I have checked the machines and the NIC cards are all set at 100 full.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
9 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

finding no of core in processor

Hi, what is command to find out no of core per procssor? Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

5. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting upload and download speeds with the help of script?How?

How can I get the upload and download speed of my pc, provided that my interface is wlan0? I have though something like: #!/bin/sh ups=something downs=somethingelse echo " Your current up speed is $ups Your current down speed is $downs, but I have no idea how to get them?Are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VM v Physical Server Speeds

HI We have been asked by our IT department to move from our current physical solution to a VM environment. I am not that clued up on VM. I looked from some benchmark tests to run so i can see a comparison between our live and new VM we have been presented. Please see below for results. To me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
pset_assign_pid(1)					      General Commands Manual						pset_assign_pid(1)

NAME
pset_assign_pid - Assigns a process ID to a processor set SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/pset_assign_pid [-x] pset_id pid [pid...] OPTIONS
Assigns exclusive use of the target processor set to each specified process identification number. DESCRIPTION
The pset_assign_pid command assigns one or more process identification numbers to an existing processor set. The pset_id variable is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. The pid variable is the process identification number, which is a unique integer that identifies the process. Each process identification number that is assigned is removed from its cur- rent processor set. Use the -x option to assign exclusive use of the processor set. If the processor set is already in use, a message is displayed, and the command terminates without performing the assignment. If the exclusive assignment succeeds, new requests by other processes for assign- ments to the specified processor set (pset_id) are denied. SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_destroy(1), pset_create(1), pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_info(1) Files: processor_sets(4) pset_assign_pid(1)