Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LWP module ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers LWP module ? Post 3666 by mib on Monday 9th of July 2001 11:36:39 AM
Old 07-09-2001
#!/usr/bin/perl

use File::Find;

foreach $start (@INC) { find(\&modules, $start); }

sub modules {
if (-d && /^[a-z]/) { $File::Find:Smilierune = 1; return; }
return unless /\.pm$/;
my $filename = "$File::Find::dir/$_";
$filename =~ s!^$start/!!;
$filename =~ s!\.pm$!!;
$filename =~ s!/!::!g;
print "$filename\n";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

decipher pstack with problem lwp

My company has a product that is running on JBoss on Solaris against Oracle 8.1.7. We are having an issue with the server process and high CPU utilization. During this time, and only during this time, we are experiencing database locks that will not let go. A 'ps -L' on the server process... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosierdm
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Perl LWP module

Hi, I've a issue in writing a perl script that will automatically monitor the site availability. There are two different cookies are set in two consecutive flows to a URL and this second cookie has to be passed to the third step which actually gives permission to access based upon the cookie. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dayanandra
1 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login using perl LWP module

Hi, Could some one tell me how to login to any web site and get that page using perl LWP. I heard that we can login to the site using LWP. I dont want to use WWW:Mechanize as I dont have that module installed on the server. Appreciate your early response. Thanks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

authentication using LWP

Can some one tell me how to post the username and password using perl LWP. An example is sufficient.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LWP::Simple Problem !!

Hi All, I'm having a problem when I run the following code for example perl -e 'use LWP::Simple; getprint "http://google.com"' Can't locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl LWP user authentication

Hello all.. i am new to perl scripting.. i wanted to parse a text file, encode the parsed text and attach in url.. please point me to right resources if you know any..This is my major problem. Now i try to get a url running and save it in a text file using LWP module in perl, I used following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a webpage - perl lwp

I am requesting for the text parsing section below. Any helps are highly appreciated. <tr valign="top"><td nowrap>Source name</td> <td style="text-align: justify">Sample Name<br></td> I want Sample Name from above. In the same file, I have to search for another pattern like this <td><a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

10. Web Development

Using LWP without hard coding password

Hi, I would like to read content from a https site. I have decided to use LWP module in perl. but it throwed 401 Authorization required error. i dont want to hard code the password in my perl code. Is there any way to achieve the authentication without hardcoding the password. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  File::Find::Rule::Extending(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3pm)