Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Operating System
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Operating System Post 36644 by Neo on Monday 2nd of June 2003 02:26:05 PM
Old 06-02-2003
Wrong Karma,

Friends pay software developers and distributors reasonable amounts of money so they can continue to live and eat.

It costs money to develop software, package it, create documents, make it available on the net (servers and bandwidth cost money).

Please, support your Linux and UNIX community by contributing to reasonable distribution fees. These people work hard and need to keep their small businesses alive and well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

I need the Unix operating system on disc as im new to unix. Im studying unix and x windows next year at Sheffield University and would like to get a head start. Any suggestions would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix operating system

hi I am trying to install solaris 8 on intel machine(intel300 mhz,32 mg ram,3.2 hd,24x cd-rom). hardware scaning is ok. Then it ask to enter choice for interactive installation #1 for web #2. After i enter chice system reboot agian and it takes to same screne. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neer45
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server

Hi, I recently joined this forum and new to UNIX. Is there any difference between UNIX operating system and UNIX open server? Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjit
1 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Creation of the UNIX* Operating System

Excellent reference on the history of UNIX: Bell Labs History of UNIX* http://www.bell-labs.com/history/unix/images/86-300838-EM.jpeg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download unix operating system

Hello all : May anyone can help me where I can find any site for avalable downlaoding UNIX operating system ? Thanking you Best Regards Dani Romio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dani_romio
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

Can anyone give me info on networking features of the Unix Operating System please. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WaveZero
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System?

Hey all, I currently use FreeBSD and linux and have decided I want to use a proper Unix distrobution. Which Unix distro would you members recommend. The only requirments that I have is that I can use some pogramming utilities available. I don't mind the install process. One more thing, I know some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -zorin
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix a 32-bit operating system?

heyfrenz i just need a proper explanation of why is unix a 32-bit operating system??....a proper answer with proper explanation.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverrock7
6 Replies

9. Programming

Is android an operating system of unix.

I have a query that is about android application based mobile. actually android is so popular in mobiles and its w using sell cmd also UNIX is also support shell files. So it is a operating system of UNIX. But i am not sure please help me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrepitt77
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smallest UNIX operating system

Which is the smallest Unix operating system and how do I download it? edit by bakunin: corrected typo in the thread-title and removed the text formatting: we are able to read non-bold text either. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nalcolmshally
4 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)